Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member

Default Re: New Holland LX885 does Donuts!

You could change a link if you wanted to it is a standard roller chain nothing special I forget wether it is 80h or 100 chain most of the time I see the master link break (on the one)not sure why never seen one break on the new ones unless it was just a bad link we have some with close to 3000hrs with tracks and foam filled tires and big tree spades which are not even for that size loader and still no problems. The main reason the newer loaders hold up so well is there is not as much stress on the two chains than the one.

This is not reccomended at all by NH service it creates to many problems.

Silver Member

Well I just looked in the book for an lx885 they run an endless chain on the bigger loaders but in another book they show part#187609 & 179243 which are rollerand connecting link used AR(as required) I have sold New Holland for over 31 years and never heard them say you couldn't fix a chain but on te other hand why would you want to. Do all the work of rerouting a chain after fixing it if it broke that means the chain is junk or close to it. In case you was wondering the front chain is $121 and the rear is $112.

Well we have been selling them for 12 years and New Holland Tech support says not to repair them replace them. I know what they cost!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

The statement that the drive chains are non-adjustable is flat incorrect. They are in fact adjustable. I agree that it is imprudent to attempt a repair of a broken chain. There is also no 'master' or 'connector link in these chains as suggested by someone else.

again what I meant and how it came out is two different things. I meant you cant add and remove links to adjust them I know you have to move the whole axle assemblies to do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12