Mahindra 3510 will not shut off

/ Mahindra 3510 will not shut off #1  

Jim Ben

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
I have a mahindra 3510 and at first I had to change out my 8 year old battery, WOW!, now it will not shut off with the switch. I have to pull the cut off handle. It runs good and starts good. I checked for power to my shutoff solenoid and I have NO power with the switch on or off. Is there a relay switch and where is it? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

/ Mahindra 3510 will not shut off
Does anybody have any idea why my switch does not shut the motor off?

/ Mahindra 3510 will not shut off #3  
did you leave a wire off when changing batt?

/ Mahindra 3510 will not shut off #4  
The solenoid should be closed to fuel with no power for safety reasons and so it does not drain the battery when the tractor is shut off. It sounds like it is powered all the time (since the tractor runs) which may be why you had to replace your battery. How/where are you measuring it?

I measured the solenoid at the connector and there was no power with the switch on or off. The battery was 8 years old and when they checked it , it was bad.

I will double check the wires on the posts. but I am pretty sure I did not leave them off. I did clean up all the connectors and wire leads. I was wondering if there is a relay switch between the ignition and fuel shut off solenoid?

/ Mahindra 3510 will not shut off #7  
I measured the solenoid at the connector and there was no power with the switch on or off. The battery was 8 years old and when they checked it , it was bad.

Disconnect a wire from the solenoid and see if the engine stops. If so, the solenoid is being held open.