how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #1  

CAT1

Tractor
1980 JD 950
I recently traded for a 1980 JD 950. After replacing some cables and re-stabilizing the battery, I had taken it down the road to exercise the tractor. It died while turning around, but restarted. Died twice more before completely running dry of fuel. Got that fixed, but had to clear the metal line at the bottom of the fuel tank. What did manage to come thru was a gel looking substance from the diesel I believe. I have ordered the fuel filter and other necessary maintenance items.

I want to know how to get that gel out of the tank? If I can get the tank off and clean it with fresh diesel then ok. I started to remove the dash, and other sheet metal, but was wondering if I HAD to remove the steering wheel? Looks like if the sheet metal in front of the tank is removed, then I might be able to wiggle the tank out, empty of course.

Any insight would be great.

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #2  
I have a PDF of the Tech manual you are welcome to, it covers removal of the tank, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank
Joe,

PM sent with email

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #4  
I have a PDF of the Tech manual you are welcome to, it covers removal of the tank, shoot me your email if wanted

Joe

Hey Joe, I noticed you shared your Tech manual for JD950m pdf, is it possible I could get it as well. Trying to remove fuel tank & it sure would be helpful.

Thanks
Wayne d

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #6  
it's on the way shortly

Joe

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #7  

Joe
Hi Joe,
I know this thread is from ages ago but I am looking to remove the fuel tank on my 1989 JD 1050 and if you're still sharing I would greatly appreciate that PDF as well. Thanks so much.

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #8  
check your messages

/ how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #9  
joecdeere, are you still around and able to help out with a tech manual on how to remove the fuel tank on my John Deere 950? mikehcovington@gmail.com Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
   / how to remove 1980 john deere 950 fuel tank #10  
Will do it shortly