John Deere L130 steering spindle bearing upgrade(vertical pivot point)

/ John Deere L130 steering spindle bearing upgrade(vertical pivot point) #1  

Tractor Mat

Tractor
John deer L130
I was wondering if anybody has done this before on this website ?I seen a guy on YouTube upgrade his steering on his L130 with a bearing that he installed, it has a flat washer on either side then acts like the race and all of the weight and load sits on this bearing instead of how the factory has it metal to metal. He opened the bag with the parts and they were green bags and they were in plastic look like original John Deere parts but he did not give the part number and I think he said he got them at the John Deere dealer. I called my local John Deere dealer and the parts guy and his mechanic have never heard of this before, now I think he may have upgraded from a bigger tractor that was possibly build better but I am not sure of part number or what model. I looked at New lawn tractors and they are still like mine where they don't have a bearing there but they are not the L-series there some other series I think they don't make the L series anymore. I am not having problems at this time but it would be a nice upgrade and if I can make it steer easier that would be a great thing this tractor has been a great tractor since I have bought it new in 2005 with no problems just normal minor maintenance, but I did get the Kohler 23 hp though no problems at all. Thanks for any help in advance

/ John Deere L130 steering spindle bearing upgrade(vertical pivot point)
I was wondering if anybody has done this before on this website ?I seen a guy on YouTube upgrade his steering on his L130 with a bearing that he installed, it has a flat washer on either side then acts like the race and all of the weight and load sits on this bearing instead of how the factory has it metal to metal. He opened the bag with the parts and they were green bags and they were in plastic look like original John Deere parts but he did not give the part number and I think he said he got them at the John Deere dealer. I called my local John Deere dealer and the parts guy and his mechanic have never heard of this before, now I think he may have upgraded from a bigger tractor that was possibly build better but I am not sure of part number or what model. I looked at New lawn tractors and they are still like mine where they don't have a bearing there but they are not the L-series there some other series I think they don't make the L series anymore. I am not having problems at this time but it would be a nice upgrade and if I can make it steer easier that would be a great thing this tractor has been a great tractor since I have bought it new in 2005 with no problems just normal minor maintenance, but I did get the Kohler 23 hp though no problems at all. Thanks for any help in advance

Over 200 hits and nobody has seen this or has information on this I guess?:D

/ John Deere L130 steering spindle bearing upgrade(vertical pivot point) #3  
Maybe ask in the comments section on the video. Let us know if you find out.

Maybe ask in the comments section on the video. Let us know if you find out.

Good idea! Will do.:thumbsup:

I clicked on something on the video and he did put the part number and supplier. McMaster Carr 3/4 I'd bearings (this may vary from model to model so confirm yours before you order) part number(2) 5909K33 cage assembly's . (4) 5909K46. .032 thick washers! This is per video. I am going to measure mine and if that's my size I will be ordering these( thanks for the idea)