Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working

/ Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working #1  

ctusdenny

Tractor
2005 Jinma 284
Hi

I recently took possession of a 2005 Jinma 285 w/ FEL. It came with a piece of property I recently purchased. When handing it over, the previous owner indicated that the rear 3 pt. lift system wasn't working. Here is what he said has been done so far to correct the issue:

"It appears the control valve on the front end of the hydraulic reservoir is not receiving fluid from the power steering loop. I've pulled the oft valve and the PTO piston apart and that all looks good. The hydraulic pump has also been replaced and seems good (it will lift the front end loader, but not the rear lift)."

So...the FEL works, and the PTO piston has been checked, and a new pump installed. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this same issue? Or perhaps some suggestions where to start looking/ testing next.

I'm just getting familiar with the tractor, so any advice would be great.

Thank you. Denny

/ Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working #2  
Hi

I recently took possession of a 2005 Jinma 285 w/ FEL. It came with a piece of property I recently purchased. When handing it over, the previous owner indicated that the rear 3 pt. lift system wasn't working. Here is what he said has been done so far to correct the issue:

"It appears the control valve on the front end of the hydraulic reservoir is not receiving fluid from the power steering loop. I've pulled the oft valve and the PTO piston apart and that all looks good. The hydraulic pump has also been replaced and seems good (it will lift the front end loader, but not the rear lift)."

So...the FEL works, and the PTO piston has been checked, and a new pump installed. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this same issue? Or perhaps some suggestions where to start looking/ testing next.

I'm just getting familiar with the tractor, so any advice would be great.

Thank you. Denny

I would try to find a down loadable parts manual and anything else for details. I don't know if this tractor has "draft control" but if it does, it could be causing it. Draft control is normally a turn able knob between your legs when you sit on tractor, below the seat.

If you Google search "Jimna 285 tractor draft control" the 3rd result is a generic operators manual for all Jimna 200 series tractors. It says there is a "lift speed adjustment knob" I would make sure that is maximum speed and see if it works then. It's easy to accidently turn something like that, and not realize it, making you thing something is seriously wrong.

/ Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working
I would try to find a down loadable parts manual and anything else for details. I don't know if this tractor has "draft control" but if it does, it could be causing it. Draft control is normally a turn able knob between your legs when you sit on tractor, below the seat.

If you Google search "Jimna 285 tractor draft control" the 3rd result is a generic operators manual for all Jimna 200 series tractors. It says there is a "lift speed adjustment knob" I would make sure that is maximum speed and see if it works then. It's easy to accidently turn something like that, and not realize it, making you thing something is seriously wrong.

I'll check that, although I recall that having been checked also.

I'd like to find a PDF version of the parts schematics, but haven't come across one yet.

/ Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working #4  
I owned a 284 for awhile but don't remember much about the hyd system. I would check any quick connects..... take them off and reseat them, they are notorious for appearing seated when they aren't. I seem to remember the valve that adjusts the drop speed is also a valve that diverts fluid from the 3 point. In other words, if screwed all the way in, it shuts off 3 point lift. If you have FEL and power steering use and you know the lift piston has good seals, it is most likely a fluid path issue....either a pressure relief valve is stuck open or the 3 point isn't receiving fluid is my guess.

There are a lot of Jinma owners and several dealers that hang out in the Chinese tractor forum below. Might want to repost this there for more knowledgeable responses from people familiar with that specific tractor.

/ Jinma 284 - 3 pt. lift not working
I owned a 284 for awhile but don't remember much about the hyd system. I would check any quick connects..... take them off and reseat them, they are notorious for appearing seated when they aren't. I seem to remember the valve that adjusts the drop speed is also a valve that diverts fluid from the 3 point. In other words, if screwed all the way in, it shuts off 3 point lift. If you have FEL and power steering use and you know the lift piston has good seals, it is most likely a fluid path issue....either a pressure relief valve is stuck open or the 3 point isn't receiving fluid is my guess.

There are a lot of Jinma owners and several dealers that hang out in the Chinese tractor forum below. Might want to repost this there for more knowledgeable responses from people familiar with that specific tractor.

Thanks. Makes sense. I'll check the knob again, and trace the fluid route again. Need to locate all those check valves and verify good flow, too.