2555 john deere hydraulic issues

/ 2555 john deere hydraulic issues #1  

NathanialBertges

Tractor
986ih, 706ih, 04mccormick, 170 allis chalmer, 950 john deere, 2555 john deere
I have a 2555 john deere having hydraulic issues, 3pt wont rise an I believe no preasure at outlets. Before the arms an outlets would shake when they worked but now nothing. I replaced filters an added oil but didn't work. Any ideas? I took a air bleed off the pump by the radiator an hydraulic oil flew every where.

I'm lost

/ 2555 john deere hydraulic issues #2  
Does you tractor have hyd ind pto or hyd hi-lo? Have you checked/cleaned sump screen(parts key 30)? Also check frt hyd pump coupler to be sure hyd pump shaft is turning when engine runs.

Attachments

• RWP5246________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5246________UN01JAN94.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,419
   / 2555 john deere hydraulic issues
The pump is spining off the engine. It has independent pto. Will clean screen today an see where that gets me.

Thank you

Does you tractor have hyd ind pto or hyd hi-lo? Have you checked/cleaned sump screen(parts key 30)? Also check frt hyd pump coupler to be sure hyd pump shaft is turning when engine runs.

I cleared off the screen it was covered in what seemed to be metal chunks. Any idea where they came from? 3 pt arms still won't raise an no hydraulic pressure at outlets

I

/ 2555 john deere hydraulic issues #5  
Are metal chunks brass looking? Have you tried to operate 3 pt with pto on & off? Does power steering operate correctly?Possible the priority valve on lower RH side of trans case or hyd filter relief valve is the problem.

The chunks look like oversize black sand. Power steering does not work properly. I put a new spin on filter along with all the others an filled the spin on half full. Took it off after running a bit an was still only half full. Have not tried the 3pt with pto on