Battery questions?????

/ Battery questions????? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
here is a web site that I found tonight that explains automotive batteries in non technical terms and the differences between the different type of batteries available today.......... web page

/ Battery questions????? #3  
I found out the battery on my Gravely was a strange one. Only place in town that had them was Central Battery.

It is 7x9 on top and 7 inches high. Most 12v batteries are about 7 1/2 inches min. height.

It also has the hold down shelf down near the bottom and at the 9 inch ends. Most 12v batteries have the hold down shelf along the long side.

Batteries Plus had one that probably would have fit, but it was about $75. The Central Battery one was a virtual dead ringer fit and was about $50.

Ralph

/ Battery questions????? #4  
Hi
This looks like the ultimate battery.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

The ODYSSEY® Drycell battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle as well as provide enormous cranking power.

These dry cell batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 1700A for 5 seconds as well as 400 charge/discharge cycles to 100% depth of discharge (DOD). A typical starting, lighting and ignition (SLI) battery can do one or the other, but not both. Conventional batteries are either a sprinter or a long distance runner; An ODYSSEY® battery will do both — provide short duration high amperage pulse or low rate long duration drains

Charlie.