Electrical Problem

/ Electrical Problem #1  

jones6780

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4wheel drive, Yazoo/Kees Max2 Zero Turn
Electrical Problem with Yazoo/Kees Zero Turn

I just bought a Yazoo/Kees zero turn mower at auction. Everything was working but needed maintenance. I had to replace the bearings in the front caster wheels and one deck spindle. While waiting on bearings I cleaned the machine to include the fuses/relays which had dielectric grease and a bunch of dust/trash stuck in the grease.

Well now it won't start with the key. I can jump from the battery to the starter and it will crank and run. So I jumped the seat switch so I could leave it up and started tracing wires. I have 12V at the key switch in the start position. I have 12v at the PTO switch. I jumped the orange/orange white wires in the 2 steering lever safety switches and have 12v at each. Brake is shown off so I jumped the grey and lt. blue wires. That is as far as I understand. Not sure how the relays work.

The attached wiring diagram shows the seat unoccupied and the brake off, steering levers out and PTO off. So seat switch should be closed and brake on to start.

I can hear and feel both the run relay and brake relay click but not the start relay. I swapped positions of the relays and all seem to work/click but not in the start relay position.

So what is my next step to identify my starting problem?

Thanks

View attachment Wiring.pdf

Last edited:
   / Electrical Problem #2  
Put your machine brand in heading...might get a faster solution

/ Electrical Problem
Found it! I read up on relays and started from the end of the circuit and worked back. I found a broken wire between the brake switch and the brake relay. I was able to cut the wire and tape a new wire to it. When I pulled the bad wire out it pulled the new wire in its place, spliced the ends and everything works.

/ Electrical Problem #4  
Found it! I read up on relays and started from the end of the circuit and worked back. I found a broken wire between the brake switch and the brake relay. I was able to cut the wire and tape a new wire to it. When I pulled the bad wire out it pulled the new wire in its place, spliced the ends and everything works.

Glad we could help!! :laughing:

/ Electrical Problem
:confused2:Some times you just need to talk/write through the process to find your own solution!:thumbsup: