Ford 1500 hydraulic pump

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #1  

RichardLThompson

Tractor
Ford 1500
I am new to the forum. I just bought my first tractor: Ford 1500 (1979). I got a real good deal including several of attachments. Well I found out my why it was a good deal. The hydraulic pump is bad. It worked good enough when I tried the tractor I tested it so I bought the tractor. It is still a good deal if I can find a pump. Any one have one or a line on one?

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #2  
Are you sure it is the pump and not a dirty screen/filter or low oil level or weak pressure valve. Could be just worn lift cylinder "O" ring.

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump
Are you sure it is the pump and not a dirty screen/filter or low oil level or weak pressure valve. Could be just worn lift cylinder "O" ring.

I cleaned the screen, I rebuilt the pump (new seals), I had the pump volume tested - it's putting out 2 gallons per minute, should be 6.5 gpm.

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #4  
I am not against ford but I bought the same part at Ford but after a week the pump has leak. I returned it and have a new one as a replacement but here it goes again the pump went really bad.

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #5  
Did you check the pump gear and end clearance when you replaced the seals the pump?

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump
Did not do this. Do you know what the clearance should be? And would this make a difference in the volume per minute that it would pump?

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #7  
View attachment Oil Pump.PDF

Excessive wear/clearance will allow oil to seep past and not be pumped as designed. How did you measure flow rate, was pump turning at the correct RPM?

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #8  
If you rebuild the pump there is a "break-in procedure" with specified rpm for a period of time at no-load and progress to a pressurized for a specified time and test temperature to not exceed.

I would think that a pressure gauge would be a better method than flow rate.

/ Ford 1500 hydraulic pump #10  
Whats your next step?