mf135 wont start

/ mf135 wont start #1  

WadeBrumett

Tractor
Mf 135
the other evening while bush hogging my tractor cut off. I thought it was a fuel issue, so I cleared the line and it started right back and ran fine.
this happened a couple of times. The next day I took the tractor from the shed and headed into the field and it cut off again. At first it turned over, but then nothing. Batterry is fine, when you turn the key the voltage drops to negative but nothing, no sound, no clicking nothing at all. Would not pull start. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Wade

/ mf135 wont start #2  
what do you mean by "cleared the line" ? believe your model is a perkins 3 cyl motor assume the fuel filter is up to date, & the glass bowl (?) is free of water, etc. some kind of fuel related problem i would venture. possibly sediment in fuel tank outlet?

/ mf135 wont start
what do you mean by "cleared the line" ? believe your model is a perkins 3 cyl motor assume the fuel filter is up to date, & the glass bowl (?) is free of water, etc. some kind of fuel related problem i would venture. possibly sediment in fuel tank outlet?

right, cleared the sediment bowl and made sure fuel was passing though fuel filter.

NOW, when you turn the key, nothing. zilch nada. And would not pull start.

/ mf135 wont start #4  
what does bat voltage do when attempting to start. ( use a VOM meter.. )

/ mf135 wont start #5  
Hi Wade,

I'm not helping, just tagging onto your post . My MF 451 just had the same issue today. Voltage is flashing, will not turn over. Nada, nothing. Battery checks fine. Tractor was leaking fuel all over. I fixed the return lines and noticed that mice chewed one of the feed lines from gas tank and two wires going to alternator. I spliced the wires, soldered and used strink tubes on splices. Tractor started right up, I tilled a few acres, then shut off for dinner. After dinner, tractor would not turn over and voltage warning light is flashing. Checked starting circuit fuse and its fine.

/ mf135 wont start
Hi Wade,

I'm not helping, just tagging onto your post . My MF 451 just had the same issue today. Voltage is flashing, will not turn over. Nada, nothing. Battery checks fine. Tractor was leaking fuel all over. I fixed the return lines and noticed that mice chewed one of the feed lines from gas tank and two wires going to alternator. I spliced the wires, soldered and used strink tubes on splices. Tractor started right up, I tilled a few acres, then shut off for dinner. After dinner, tractor would not turn over and voltage warning light is flashing. Checked starting circuit fuse and its fine.

Hi Donnyviking,

Ya that does sound similar. I also found a mice nest, but so far have found no chewed wires or chewed fuel lines. Keep me posted on what you find out please? and I'll do the same.

/ mf135 wont start
will check that and let you know! thanks.

/ mf135 wont start #8  
How do you know battery is fine, did you load test it. Check and clean all grounds.

/ mf135 wont start
drops to -28 amps

have power all the way to the coil