rotary kutter seal

/ rotary kutter seal #1  

Brown3320

Tractor
JD3320
I've got an older King Kutter 5' brush mower, the bottom seal on the gear box went out since the last time I used it. Any body out there know the number for the seal, or the manufactuer of the gearbox? King Kutter's site only lists the gearbox. Mower model # L-60-40-P , The tag on the gearbox has #95021 225000 1 on it. Would save me some running around if somebody can give me a number. Thanks

/ rotary kutter seal #2  
get the numbers off the old seal.. it will cross over to something..good luck c. falcon

/ rotary kutter seal #3  
od of the seal, od of the output shaft, and thickness of the seal and you can generically cross it.

check that bearing too. many times a bearing going will hog out a seal.

/ rotary kutter seal #4  
od of the seal, od of the output shaft, and thickness of the seal and you can generically cross it.

check that bearing too. many times a bearing going will hog out a seal.
adding to...

od = outer diameter = needing a caliper to find info.

just take the pieces to any local tractor repair store, and they should be able to find something for you.

/ rotary kutter seal #5  
I would fill the gearbox with grease and forget about the seal. Just a suggestion.

/ rotary kutter seal #7  
If you have a local bearing supply store, the guys at the counter should be able to get the numbers off the old seal or measure it and fix you up. Be careful to deform the old seal as little as possible when you remove it.

/ rotary kutter seal #8  
if it deforms. just measu e the shaft diameter, housing diameter and depth and wala..

/ rotary kutter seal #9  
Don't know if you are still looking for an answer to your original question but the parts list for my KK L-60-40-P-FH shows:

Output seal (NAK 40 x 54 x 7) - part # 156005

/ rotary kutter seal #10  
I've got an older King Kutter 5' brush mower, the bottom seal on the gear box went out since the last time I used it. Any body out there know the number for the seal, or the manufactuer of the gearbox? King Kutter's site only lists the gearbox. Mower model # L-60-40-P , The tag on the gearbox has #95021 225000 1 on it. Would save me some running around if somebody can give me a number. Thanks

It sounds like that gearbox is an Omni RC30 (1:47 with smooth input shaft). They list it as model #250001, which is only off one digit. A parts breakdown is listed here (which also cites it as a KK part):

http://www.powellequipmentparts.com/omni-gearbox-parts_opt.pdf