Stalling problem Kubota L 4240

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #1  

Woodstock Builder

Tractor
Kubota L4240 and 3710
I am having an issue with my 2010 Kubota L4240 losing power and stalling. I had water in the fuel and the tractor quit on me. I flushed the tank and put in new good fuel. Put in a new fuel filter. Tractor starts and will run for up to 15 minutes with a mower hooked on PTO. After that is loses power and sometimes totally stalls. Without the PTO running it will idle forever. Anybody have any help for me??

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #2  
With it running that long, I'd guess the fuel cap vent is not working, causing a vacuum in the tank. Check the vent, or open the fuel cap a bit and try it.

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #3  
Did you bleed the fuel system after you installed the new filter?

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240
I did bleed the system. The tractor will run for awhile so I wouldn't think there could be any air in the system. Is it likely the return line to the tank could be blocked? And would it cause the tractor to lose power if it was? I will try lososening the fuel cap and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #5  
Is the valve open at the filter and not on turned to bleed? If the valve open is pull the return hose off at the bleeder, pinch the hose, let it run with the bleeder open til you have fuel coming out and no air.

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #6  
Recently had a Losing power problem on my Kubota and it turned out to be the return line from the filter hosing to the tank , had a blockage . The line is small so it does'nt take much . Good luck

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #7  
My M8200 problems began with very similar symtoms. Each use it would run for two to four hours then begin losing power and get worse till staling and not starting. After pulling fuel tank (right), blowing all lines out, two new fuel filters, a new fuel pick up pump and several cleanings of the screen filter inside the water separator bowl. The fuel level in the bowl would fluctuate while running. I found a piece of trash in the inlet tube (90 degree elbow) on top of the fuel separator. Cleaned it out and no more problems.

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #8  
Take the fuel line off before the filter and let it run free. Then take fuel line off at the injection pump to make sure nothing in filter is obstructing the fuel either. Also check the return line from the injectors to the fuel tank. Make sure it is not blocked. Most likely not getting enough fuel. If there is water in the fuel, most likely there is other debris.

/ Stalling problem Kubota L 4240 #9  
Have a L3750, had fuel/power problems. Say had cause I hope I've solved it. Removed tank and gave it a good cleaning, checked lines. On my tank, there are two lines that "return" to tank, first is of coarse the fuel return line, second was a line that came off a t on the feed line just down from tank. I'm not sure the point of this line, other than maybe for possible air. I took t off and discontinued its use, don't see the need. Right away there was a huge difference. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.