JD 4110 won't charge battery

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #11  
Most of the time the alt light only comes on if alt is not charging previous post suggest to look at glow plug circuit if it has greater draw than what alt will put out it like having money in bank and wife is taking out more than you are putting in you go broke after a while. alt light should light when eng off and key is in run position most of these have a terminal on alt that runs light check and see if wire has came off of terminal.

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #12  
Is alternator belt snug?

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #13  
You stated the battery/alternator light is not working. Also you replaced the bulb. So no light when turning key to ON for bulb check? If so you need to find out why. Normally the 12volts to the battery/alternator light is what excites the alternator to start it charging. When charging the alternator voltage cancels the battery voltage to the light and it goes out.

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #14  
I have a PDF of the Deere Tech manual you're welcome to. If wanted shoot me your email

Joe

Can you post the charging system wiring diagram? If not PM me for email for tech manual PDF

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #15  

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #16  
Faulty diodes have been the cause of many a problem. The earlier models, mine included didn't have them. I'm curious though to see the glow plug circuit diagram on a 4110

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #17  

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #19  
Thanks for the diagrams. The battery light is not wired as I thought.

/ JD 4110 won't charge battery #20  
Well, when I disconnected the relay completely - the tractor would not start. I had to leave 2 of the 3 leads and then it would start. Either way, no increase in voltage at the battery. I probably will need to replace it to see if that is the issue. Anything else I can check? or ideas? Thanks

Replacing parts to see if that is the problem is not the right way to fix the problem.

It sounds like two different problems. No battery light comes on, and the alternator is not charging.

First check the fuses/diodes.

I would then suggest a simple test: unplug the voltage regulator (VR) and use a jumper to get 12v to the 605 circuit - blue with a white tracer. Doing this should turn the bulb on. If it doesn't, there's a problem in that small circuit. Fix the problem so that the bulb turns on when it should.

If the battery is showing 12.5V when the tractor is running, the alternator is not charging the battery. If it was, when running there would be 14.0-14.5V across the battery terminals. But the OP tested the alternator by itself, and it "appears to be working". Also, the VR was supposed to have been replaced...even though it may not have needed replacing. Could the VR have been installed/connected incorrectly?