about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #1  

barbitract

hello,
is it possible to install new cylinder liner to a d950 kubota motor. What is the outside dimension of the cylinder liner?and what is the dimension to bore the crankcase?
Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #2  
They are parent bore engines and can be bored and sleeved.

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner
on the workshop manual from kubota it could be a mistake because they say that a new cylinder liner is necessary when the wear of the cylinder exceeds 0.5 mm (diam 75.5 mm) but they didn't specifies the dimension to bore the crankcase so that the cylinder liner could be press in.
For motor z600 or d850 which are linerless type engine, first have to bore crankcase to 75+ mm then press in the liner and again bore and hone to finish the liner to 72+ mm.
For d950 or v1200 i can't find dimension to bore the crankcase.Do all the d950 motor are liner type engine and so this information would be no use then? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I hope my poor language is sufficient to make me understand.
Thanks.

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #4  
Does Kubota show a liner you can purchase for that engine. That will tell the machinist the outside OD to bore each cylinder. Also check to see if they show an oversize piston, I think .5mm is equivelent to .020. They might show a .254 (.010) oversized piston, in that case you can bore it oversize, and not have to install a liner. They probably show a .5mm (.020) oversize piston also if it does'nt clean up at .010
Chuck M.

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #5  
Most liners are generic stock cut and bored to factory size spec's.

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner
do you know the alloys used for liner?

I have once install an oversized piston to a d950 but i didn't needed to install a liner , just to bore the cylinder to oversized dimension.
This time the cylinder is really out of order and no over sized dimension is possible.
My problem now is : does the crankcase could accept to be bored perhaps at 73mm so that the new liner could fit in. I imagine a weakness appearing in the structure of the crankcase or a leak with the watersystem ... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif?

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #7  
Yes machine shops carry bulk liner stock in various thicknesses, and cut to fit, but some manufactures carrie precut liner for their engines, you can order thru parts. Ford, Cummins B series, etc whose engines come standard with parent metal bored cylinders.
Not real sure with the small Kubota's.
Chuck M.

/ about d950 kubota motor cylinder liner #8  
The liners are cast to wear against chrome rings.
Your local machine shop should be familuar with the dimentions you have given us in order to size the correct liner.
Chuck M.