gear rebuilding service?

/ gear rebuilding service? #1  

bill_396

The final reduction gears on the right side of my Yanmar compact tractor are damaged and I have not been able to find replacements. The 3" dia. straight cut pinion has half a tooth broken and the next tooth has a crack in half of it. The mating 12" gear has minor damage in 8 to 12 teeth from meshing with the broken pinion. Can these be welded up and recut? Any suggested sources? Thanks, Bill.

/ gear rebuilding service? #2  
Bill I have had some sucess of getting a machine shop to weld and cut or at times completely make one. If all else fails try that or at least i would check it out to see if they can. [/list]

/ gear rebuilding service? #3  
I sympathize with you as I owned a Bison/Shenniu for 5 years and it was always a game finding parts for it. I would think that there are more than a few tractor recyclers with Yanmars to part out. I would use the Google search engine and let your fingers do the walking for you.

I wish you luck in finding your parts.

/ gear rebuilding service?
From studying manuals from similar model Yanmars it appears that I need to find the exact same model in a boneyard. I did find the large gear new but I believe it is the same as a model that was sold in the US. My grey Yanmar has a lot nicer braking system and so the pinion gear/shaft are different. I did e-mail a gear rebuilder for trucks and heavy equipment, I'll see if I get a response, thanks all, bill.

/ gear rebuilding service? #5  
Not all machine shops have the equipment for gear work. I'd start calling the machine shops in your area and ask for recommendations. If they have a dividing head and a horizontal mill they could get the specific cutters needed to duplicate the teeth on your gear/gears.