massey ferguson 135 with a z145 engine with a z134 head.

/ massey ferguson 135 with a z145 engine with a z134 head. #1  

1911sw45

Tractor
mf 135, mf 150
I have a mf 135 with a z145 engine and a z134 head. It puts out a whole bunch of white smoke a couple of minutes after you start it up and starts to miss alot. Does not smoke or miss at start up. Smokes even more when you give more gas. Oil presure is 25psi at fast idle.

I replaced the head with one that did not smoke before. This head did come off an tractor that caught fire but only had around 500hrs since the head and engine was rebuilt. Replaced the head gasket at the time I put this head on. Torqued the head to 75fbls, rocker arm to 30fbls and reset the valves to .015 cold and rechecked when hot to .013. The reason I replaced the head was it was smoking bad. I just bought this tractor. When I took the old head off there was about 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil gas mix on top of the pistons. Cylinder was smooth with no scarring with very little carbon ring at the top. No carbon build up on the pistons. Had a lot of black carbon build up on the valves and top of the cylinder area on the head. Also before I took the old head off the compression was 145 +- 2psi. Have not checked since I replaced the head.

Please help me with what this problem could be.

Thank you,

1911sw45

/ massey ferguson 135 with a z145 engine with a z134 head. #2  
The general rule: blue smoke=burning oil, black smoke=fuel system problem, white smoke=coolant leak into the cylinders. For coolant leaks, the usual suspect is the head gasket.

But since you replaced it, maybe it's time to check for hairline cracks in the block. If any of the head bolts penetrate into the coolant passages, you have to be sure that you use high temp silicone sealant on the threads.

Good luck.