help with my john deere 655

/ help with my john deere 655 #1  

Dean Thompson

Tractor
john deere 655
How do I tell if the fuel injectors are still good? My JD 655 either starts hard or won't start, and won't rev up when it does start. I replaced one fuel injector, and it did not help. Any ideas?

/ help with my john deere 655 #2  
You would have remove them and have them tested. can tell if you might have a problem have engine running and crack open injector line and listen engine should change speed and then when line is tightened speed will increase and run will smooth out. if all injectors react the same probably not a injector issue. this sometimes works if you have temp gun with engine running check temp of each exhaust port temp should be even with all if one cyl is cooler then its not firing correctly

/ help with my john deere 655 #3  
How do I tell if the fuel injectors are still good? My JD 655 either starts hard or won't start, and won't rev up when it does start. I replaced one fuel injector, and it did not help. Any ideas?

Did you have any luck with your tractor? I have the same problem. Mine has been down since October 2014. Need to get it running again!

/ help with my john deere 655 #4  
As Rocky said have your injectors tested. I have the same motor in my John Deere 332 garden tractor. I replaced the injectors about 16 months ago and purchased oem ones from a parts place in Mississippi. I paid $90 each. It was significantly less than what John Deere wanted. I also ended up having the injector pump rebuilt. That cost $450. Now it starts and runs like new. It has almost 1600 hours on it. What is your compression like? Low compression can also cause it to be hard to start. Mine never started hard, it only blew lots of grey smoke. Whatever you do don't try ether or starting fluid to get it going! That will cause more problems than it solves.

Bill