4100 Hyd

/ 4100 Hyd #1  

TonyBMI

Tractor
4100/ 318
Hello everyone

Have a problem with a 4100 JD three point lift links

After 3 times to a dealer and talking to 4 others the 3 point still fails to lift.

Have a Land pride 5 ft finish mower 440 pounds and will only lift the from wheel off the ground. But you can take two fingers and lift the back of the deck and will raise fully and stay in place with engine off dropping only a inch in 3 hours. Sadly my 8n will lift is fine

Dealer change the filters and cleaned the intake screen. Also put in a new valve for a total of 1700, but still does not work.

Also will not pick a 10" post hole auger out of the ground half full.

But 410 loader will lift back end off the ground. Unweighted.

At my wits end has to be something simple that every one is over looking.

Also has 2440 pounds pressure.

Last edited:
   / 4100 Hyd
The pressure while trying to lift is 2488 The pump has to be working as the FEL works fine.
Will lift 3 guys standing on the 3 point fine would assume about 500 pounds but once the loat is hanging off the three point then will not lift, without help. I was wondering if using a electric winch to raise and lower the 3 point by the previous ower could have bent a rod or something inside. Or the oring seal around the piston rod maybe leaking. But if it was why will the mower stay in place engine off for 3 hours and only drop a inch. ?

/ 4100 Hyd
All I can say is that after 2 1/2 months at the dealer twice and them taking it to another dealer and 4 hours later there it seems to be working. Have lost a lot of confidence in Deere as the dealer asked for help and was told the tractor was to old GEEESSSSSSSS 14 years to support it. Hate to say I am not even look for green again that is for sure. The real problem was a air lock in the SCV FEL valve. SO I was told but still was over a 4000 dollar bill combined the valve that conmtrols the 3 point is almost 1000 alone but now wonder if I needed it in the first place. Was told once installed I bought it period.

/ 4100 Hyd #5  
wow,, bad deal, I just lost the same $4000 on a Polaris 800 that blew a motor 60 days out of warranty. I'm 50yo and drove it like it too so it had an easy life. I bought this 4100 real right, maybe I'll get lucky. I want more power and a loader sometime soon but can trade and flip a couple along the way and hope to get there For cheaper than just paying for it all up front.