Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #1  

whitend75

Tractor
B7800
I have been dealing with these poorly engineered wheels for 10 years now. I'd lose at least one per year due to their poor quality and have to shell out up to $90 per wheel to get a replacement. In my opinion, Kubota designed this wheel to fail and made it impossible to find any other wheel but theirs to fit.

I scoured the web this month looking for something that might work and eureka! I found a solution! It takes about 20 minutes with a grinder, but that's a small price to pay for this excellent replacement wheel:

6X3.00 MOWER DECK WHEEL 3/4 BORE

I ground the wheel shaft down to fit the 3/4 bore of this wheel. I then slid the wheel on and capped it with the existing cap piece and a cotter pin. The wheel worked ten times better than the original and it's far better made. The best part? It's $12.95 per wheel. You're welcome.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #2  
Thanks for the update to this issue. I just ordered four replacement wheels for my B2910's mower deck. It will be a good winter project to get those replaced. I had bought a couple Kubota replacement wheels over the years, but did not want to drop over $400 for 4... that would only last a couple of years.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110
Hey, glad you found this post. Definitely a great winter project.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #5  
Check this out - These can be made to work. At least I think i can make them work.

Welcome to Mowersoutlet.com - Tools to Make Life Easier

So, did you make them work? I just bought two at 60 some dollars apiece. I don't think I'm particularly abusive to my mower--I grew up on a truck farm and we used our equipment harder than I use my mower. I seem to regularly lose chunks of rubber. I agree--Kubota designed these wheels so as to have a captive market.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #6  
Your all aware that scalp wheels should not ride on the ground constantly right? they are only there to carry the mower up and over the high spots in the yard. They do need replaced every few years, but you should not burn though them.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #7  
You should also be aware that a MMM is not a brush hog substitute? They are designed for cutting grass, i.e. a finish mower. I used to have a Kubota B2710 with a 72" MMM and after over 400 hours of mowing I never had to replace one wheel.

If your trying to cut rough areas, you should get real brush hog.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #8  
Your all aware that scalp wheels should not ride on the ground constantly right? they are only there to carry the mower up and over the high spots in the yard. They do need replaced every few years, but you should not burn though them.

As a Kubota dealer, you should know that on those relatively wide mid-mount mower decks, the mower deck indeed does ride on these wheels when the deck is lowered to mowing position. Look at the decal on the deck showing wheel height to alter grass height. And, those 90 dollar Kubota wheels will only ride up on barriers of a certain height. And, sideways concrete not all that tall will peel the rubber off the hub. Read my original post. My old man was a Dutch immigrant truck farmer. I know what equipment abuse looks like. And, not.

/ Kubota Mower Deck Wheels Part# 70722-42110 #9  
As a Kubota dealer, you should know that on those relatively wide mid-mount mower decks, the mower deck indeed does ride on these wheels when the deck is lowered to mowing position. Look at the decal on the deck showing wheel height to alter grass height. And, those 90 dollar Kubota wheels will only ride up on barriers of a certain height. And, sideways concrete not all that tall will peel the rubber off the hub. Read my original post. My old man was a Dutch immigrant truck farmer. I know what equipment abuse looks like. And, not.
You are aware that you are replying to a post almost 3 years later right?
As for them being intended to ride on the ground, I would say no. They are intended to ride X inches above the ground with everything adjusted properly and only touch the ground to prevent the deck from scalping.
We have a 60" deck on our B7500 that is intended to ride on the ground, it has wheels with bearings in them and the front wheels have swivels in them.
We also have a 60" deck on our BX2660 that is intended to float and the scalp wheels are only intended to touch ocassionally. They do not have swivels and have bushings rather than bearings.

Aaron Z