Endoscope/bore scope recommendations please

/ Endoscope/bore scope recommendations please #11  
I went cheaper. I picked one up from China on Ebay. Downside is that it is not on a flexible shaft but there are work arounds. I just drag out my laptop which I already have and plug in the USB Camera. Works great.

/ Endoscope/bore scope recommendations please #12  
I have a 2313-20 Milwaukee M-Spector 360 I bought as bare tool on a sale, no battery or case being that I was already heavily vested in the Milwaukee's M12 line. Very similar to the Bosch, has a good picture, bright light and easy to hold. I didn't see much of a need for having photo storage or to download to computer what I was looking at. I mainly wanted it for garage use, looking in and under things where pretty much where your head and flashlight cant get to :laughing:

There is a 9ft cable model but you have to buy it as a kit only 2314-21 (case charger and battery). Milwaukee markets a variety of inspection tools. Inspection and Detection Tools | Milwaukee Tool.

I see the harbor freight item has a 90 day warranty and the Bosch is 1 year. Whether or not a warranty is worth the paper it written on sometimes I wonder but most Milwaukee tools are 5 year.

/ Endoscope/bore scope recommendations please
I have a cheap Bosch inspection camera kind of like this. Bosch PS90-1A 12 Volt Optical Scope | ToolBarn.com I got it as a drill/camera package which works fine for me. We have Pentax and Olympus cameras at work to do EGDs and colonoscopies. They and the Bosch have a limited focal length. I mean you can see things clearly 2 inches away but not much farther. Translated the cameras/scopes I have touched are useless for backup cameras.

There are a number of comments on Amazaon that say that the one you are looking at has a limited focus area which is to be expected. "The focus is very sharp from about 5cm to 6-1/2cm." That is 2-5 inches I think.
Yes, limited focus but there is a user video showing the user panning around a room which would be sufficient for getting something on my pallet forks or hooking up a trailer where I am usually only concerned about the last few feet..
<snip> But when you are spending 5-6 digits of money plus a processor you get a lot more than when you spend $200 for a cheap Bosch with a fairly rigid but flexible stalk. The one you are looking at is on the equivalent of a string. It is hard to push a string so people mention you have to tie it on to a fish tape. They make fish tapes in steel and fiberglass. Some of the fiberglass fish tapes are super flexible and others kind of rigid.
Ay, that is the point - cost - $30 vs vs $200 vs $3,000. I already have the laptop/tablet.
On many VWs running a length of weed wacker string down the sunroof drains will fix those clogs. On my car the factory repair bulletin has you cutting off the end of the drain down by the front of the front doors so it will not clog up. I never saw a TSB on the rear drains and I am not sure where they come out. If you have roof rack or antenna leaks that I have no idea on. My headliner is starting to fall down but I do not want to spend a weekend looking at that problem. I can still see out the rear window.
Thanks for the pointers, but sometimes the tubes separate up near the top.
I have a 2313-20 Milwaukee M-Spector 360 I bought as bare tool on a sale, no battery or case being that I was already heavily vested in the Milwaukee's M12 line. Very similar to the Bosch, has a good picture, bright light and easy to hold. I didn't see much of a need for having photo storage or to download to computer what I was looking at. I mainly wanted it for garage use, looking in and under things where pretty much where your head and flashlight cant get to :laughing:

There is a 9ft cable model but you have to buy it as a kit only 2314-21 (case charger and battery). Milwaukee markets a variety of inspection tools. Inspection and Detection Tools | Milwaukee Tool.<snip>
Again, nice tool but several hundred dollars.

And as far as Ebay vs Amazon for the $7 difference in price I went with Amazon and free 2 day shipping.

/ Endoscope/bore scope recommendations please
Well got the endoscope delivered.

2 Million Pixels HD Cmos 6-led Mini USB Endoscope Inspection Camera Waterproof Borescope Snake Scope (7m)

It's plug n play on Windoze 8.1. Sample pics of distance shots
WIN_20141230_154209.JPG

WIN_20141230_154218.JPG

WIN_20141230_154223.JPG

are good enough for me to use it as a FEL cam and backup cam, besides looking at my teeth, checking my car's engine, routing wiring in the wall. I'm not extremely concerned about reading fine print at 10 feet.

/edit
And just for example I took the camera and laptop out to the truck and snapped a picture of my clog. I put the camera up on the tailgate and laid it so it pointed where the trailer hitch would stick out.
WIN_20141230_162017.JPG

Then put the laptop in the cab. 7m was plenty of wire length.
I think with some sort of magnetic/clip on holder this will work as well as my $200 wireless back up camera when I figure out the "hotspots" to put it.

Last edited: