replacing injection pump?

/ replacing injection pump? #1  

prolinews

Tractor
93 Belarus 250as
I've got a dead Belarus 250as, I replaced the booster pump ran great for a few minutes then died out . The mechanism inside the booster pump that makes it work was froze up. Put the new one on primed it up ran great for a few minutes. Before I could pump diesel all the way to the injectors now it's getting blocked at the injection pump. I'm gonna pull the injection pump and tear it down and see if it's something that can be unstuck and reassembled and put back in service. My concern is how do I mark the pump timing? If the pump is not salvageable gonna order a new one . Ive never pulled and have no idea how to set time on one?

/ replacing injection pump? #2  
The only and very limited experience I had was with one on a late 60's Case 530ck. It has 2 screws holding a small plate on. Inside there is a stationary part with a mark, and the rotating part has a mark. These 2 marks should be lined up with the number 1 cylinder at TDC compression stroke.

/ replacing injection pump?
I ordered a new unit and a manual, wish me luck! If that don't get it I got a new tractor in mind lol

/ replacing injection pump? #5  
Do not turn the engine while the pump is out.

/ replacing injection pump? #6  
The manual and pump probably ran you a pretty penny.
I ordered a new unit and a manual, wish me luck! If that don't get it I got a new tractor in mind lol

/ replacing injection pump?
Edit! I guess the new pump was vapor locked? I had the dang thing completely primed and the injection pump would not shoot fuel. Pulled the nozzles out of the pump put them back in viola it started pumping? I don't have a clue why it didn't work the first go around but it's running fine now with the new injection pump.

Last edited: