Leyland 270 electrics

/ Leyland 270 electrics #1  

Miles286

Tractor
Leyland 270
G'Day all

I have a Leyland 270 down here in NZ. Completely re-built and goes a treat at the flick of the key - until this week that is when it started just fine as per usual, worked for 20 minutes then would not restart! All I was doing was removing straw from the engine bay (it's spring here and the magpies are nest building) and giving the old girl a wash down so it's not like I was doing something out of the ordinary!.

Battery is fine (fully recharged), lights work, power to solenoid is good and to starter motor which turns over when the terminals are shorted so everything should be fine, except that turning the key (new ignition unit just in case) produces nothing, nada, not even a click. No in-line fuses to worry about, in neutral so no protector-relay involved, ditto clutch disengaged.

Has anyone had anything similar? Having rebuilt it myself, I reckon I know how things works (clearly was wrong on that front) and it's a really simple machine but I'm stumped and would be grateful for any assistance.

Cheers

Miles

/ Leyland 270 electrics
Hey Jon
Many thanks for your suggestion.
That wouldn't be flash as the solenoid is only a year old. Will have to have a word with the supplier I think! Funny how they didn't come up with that suggestion when I spoke with them. Ho hum!
Your response much appreciated - I will explore.
Cheers
Miles