m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed

/ m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed #1  

claytonandson

Tractor
melroe bobcat m600
I need a left (on left as one sits in the seat) rear axle for my melroe bobcat m600
please send your ideas, resources.
thanks, John john@claytonandson.com

/ m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed #2  
I had a Bobcat Ride-on Trencher (re-badged) that had a broken axle after looking for a replacement with no luck I found the same spline axle from a 3/4 truck.
I cut the old and new to the original length and welded them back together with 7018 stick rod.
It was working when I sold it later on.

/ m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed
I've thought of welding ... Thanks for helping me reconsider ... It's a vote of confidence :)

/ m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed #4  
If you weld it just make sure that you V the ends and have a big enough machine to crank up the amps for good penetration as you build it up with 7018 rods.
Also let it cool on it's own, don't quench it.

If you weld it just make sure that you V the ends and have a big enough machine to crank up the amps for good penetration as you build it up with 7018 rods.
Also let it cool on it's own, don't quench it.

That's good to know ... Much appreciated. Exact re-alignment will also be critical.
Thanks ....
John

/ m600 melroe bobcat rear axle needed #6  
Clamp both pieces in a piece of angle to align it, then weld what you can see.
Remove clamps and make sure it is close to straight then finish welding and while still hot you can give it a final straighten.
The axle that I found with identical splines was from a 3/4 ton Ford with a full floating rearend.

That is very helpful. I brought it back from the job site yesterday, unloaded it today ... tear down will begin soon. You're help is much appreciated.
John