Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: gm / ecm trouble codes

oh my gosh thatnk you for responding it seems like my accellaert is sutck when i puled in garage i had the feeling like I had a foot on the brake and one onthe gas idle was up to the 3 on the tach and wheni put in park went down

years ago when i first starting driving i remembermy dad putting cardbaord in the front of the grill in the winter i wonder if that wouyld help i love this vehicle and don't want sour note for husband it how do you get a car to stop idling so fast ????

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

clean out the junk that is around the gas pedal and then work the pedal back and forth with your hand with the engine off.. This should solve the problem.... if it doesn't than the cable that goes from the accelerator to the fuel injection system might need lubrication. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then the TPS is defective.... (TPS= Throttle Positioning Sensor). Don't drive the vehicle unless you can control the accelerator. If the accelerator is acting erratic, then have it towed to the dealership and let them repair it properly. We don't want to read about you mowing down a bunch of bushes or anything else because the accelerator was stuck....I repeat....... Have it towed..

okay i just went out and started car it is in garage and the engine is racing still sometimes my dad would say hit the gas so i did ( my dad is deceased other wise i would bug him) and when i hit gas it didn't bring idle down and it whined or whatever you would callit ( screeched )is ther anyway like before to turn idle down i know i am grasping but i just started back to work and don't want to tomiss becaue of car trouble

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

follow the above instructions.... unless you clean around the pedal and do the other things, I have no idea what else to suggest... You are going to get your hands dirty, but there is no other way. It is probably junk on the floor near and around the accelerator pedal... Check for a floor mat that has been pushed out of place..

thankyou so much i won't bug you anymore and i will certainly not put my seof or my husband in aposition to be hurt will tow if needed thank you again. God Bless

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910; Kubota T1670

I had a car that did exactly that and it was a faulty throttle position sensor. It was an adventure getting it to my buddy who was a mechanic. By all means, do as Junkman has suggested.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910; Kubota T1670

This may be a silly question, but since the car is relatively new, might this not be covered under warranty?

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

That was one of the first things that this lady said.... </font><font color="blue" class="small">( I happened to pull in the drive at the same time as my wonderful husband and he noticed and well he wasn't happy because out of warrany. )</font>
    I think that there is a good chance that it is wet sand that has built up under the gas pedal and frozen. Seen that a lot in the past. My second thought is that a piece of linkage was splashed with slush and froze.... That is why I recommended that she manually work the pedal after cleaning out anything that might be obstructing it. I have found that on my wifes Explorer the carpet floor mats can get bunched up at the pedal and cause problems.

hello just updating you on the problem
    it was the throttle cable cost about 110 to fix had it towed tot he dealer thank you for listening and replying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast