Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Default Re: gm / ecm trouble codes

Junkman,
    Went thru the same problem with a '97 Ford Explorer that had the 4.0SOHC motor. Dealership said it was the EGR valve as it was a lean mixture problem.I purchased the EGR and installed it myself and guess what? Problem still existed. Luckily about this time we got a warrenty bulletin concerning the cam chain tensioner and it mentiond the intake gasket problem also. Called the dealership and asked if this gasket could be the real issue and was told "NO WAY". When warrenty repair was made I spoke to the mechanic who performed service and found that the intake gasket was in fact bad and it did cure the engine problem. Just goes to show you that the codes aren't always gospel and that the service managers don't know it all! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

UPDATE: The check engine light is back on. It stayed off for a total of 500 miles and 2 1/2 weeks. That is why it is a Ford. Fix or repair daily! Found on road dead! Flip over read directions! First on race day..... never!!!!! I never had a Ford that I didn't hate. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Iseki TU1700f

<font color="red">"never!!!!! I never had a Ford that I didn't hate." </font>

That's why 1985 was the last year that I owned a Ford. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    There are already too many things in life that need constant attention.
    I will not pay big bucks for another one!

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

I have a 1947 model that closely resembles that. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123