Bent Rim

/ Bent Rim #1  

E/S

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab
I was out on a job moving rocks and did this, now what do I do ?
Can I bend the rim back and reseat the bead or do I have to replace it ?
E/S

2014-10-19 16.56.53.jpg2014-10-19 16.56.40.jpg

/ Bent Rim #2  
I would try. If you get it close, I would put a tube in it and get back to work.

/ Bent Rim #3  
You can fix it good as new with finesse. You need to debead that side of the tire and get it away from the flange. Then use 2 big adjustable wrenches to straighten. One wrench bends it while the other restrains it to keep the bend where needed. Go a little at a time observing what happens and honing your procedure. HF has 24" adjustables fairly cheap. Good luck!
larry

/ Bent Rim #4  
ten pound sledge hammer about 10 to 20 minutes and your good to go

/ Bent Rim #5  
We straighten rims all the time. like is already mentioned, but don't always dismount tire we usually caress it with sledge hammer make sure no debris is between tire and rim bead sealer if tubeless helps once you get close then air up tire and check for leaks with soapy water caressing again with hammer as needed good luck. doesn't always work but worth a try.

/ Bent Rim
I had a word with the rim with a BFH, got it back into good shape.
One bead stayed on the rim, the other popped off. now how in the world do it rest the bead ?
I have tried setting the rim over a bucket and pushing down while airing up the tire, no go.
Any suggestion ?

E/S

/ Bent Rim #7  
take valve core out, rap ratchet strap around tire and tighten it be sure to let it release as soon as it takes air

/ Bent Rim #8  
I had a word with the rim with a BFH, got it back into good shape.
One bead stayed on the rim, the other popped off. now how in the world do it rest the bead ?
I have tried setting the rim over a bucket and pushing down while airing up the tire, no go.
Any suggestion ?

E/S

Sit it on the ground, spray around the inside of the tire with starting fluid, leave a little trail about 5 feet long away from the tire, throw a match on it and stand back.

/ Bent Rim #9  
If you have someone possibly a tire repair who deals in large tires they may help you out or if you can borrow a chetta its an air tank used for this purpose be careful if blowing it on with starting fluid real careful

/ Bent Rim #10  
I used a come-a-long with chain to reseat the rear tire on my B26. I couldn't put enough pressure on it with a ratchet strap to compress the tire. The come-a-long worked very well. Just back off the chain as it seats.