massey ferguson mf200 bulldozer final drives wont turn.

/ massey ferguson mf200 bulldozer final drives wont turn. #1  

danec71

Tractor
massey mf200
This dozer sat for about 25 years in and outside.I rebuilt engine and got running and the clutch and everything seems to work because when I put it in gear the motor will bog down lime its recieving alot of resistance from the rear of the dozer.what im wondering is if the brake bands could be rusted to the drums.I cant pull the sticks back at all past were the are suppose to work the brakes and clutches.you have to take off the whole final drives to work on these things so if you guys think that might be it is there any tricks to breaking them free if its the problem.thanks forrany help.

/ massey ferguson mf200 bulldozer final drives wont turn. #2  
Don't know about MF but rebuilt a pile of cats the final drives are separate from brakes and steering clutches its a ring gear and pinion that goes to brakes and steering clutches something that has set for 25 years good luck usually pull cover that is under seat and fuel tank to gain access to brake bands and clutches.

/ massey ferguson mf200 bulldozer final drives wont turn. #3  
Does it have the mechanical or hydraulic shuttle setup? If it has the hydraulic shuttle, it has a transmission brake that requires hydraulic pressure to release the brake....something to look at.

/ massey ferguson mf200 bulldozer final drives wont turn.
Does it have the mechanical or hydraulic shuttle setup? If it has the hydraulic shuttle, it has a transmission brake that requires hydraulic pressure to release the brake....something to look at.
how do you tell for sure.I can tell you it has a clutch pedal and a brake pedal of course.then like all dozers for the most part it has handles you pull back to turn and stop.other than that im not sure.when I have it running and I put it in gear and release clutch it will bog and almost die and the right side sprocket will clunk.the main thing is though that I cant pull the sticks all the way back.pretty much not at all.im not sure if the brake band linkage is stuck or what.if I disconnect the linkage for that from the sticks it will mve back and turn what I am assuming has something to do with the turning clutches.if this is a little confusing im sorry.thanks