Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor

/ Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
I have had a lawn coring machine that came off of a golf course. I have had it long enough to lose the front half of the PTO. Weather is perfect to use it now after a couple of weeks with rain. Fall fertilizer and I would have a beautiful yard come spring. Any leads on this German made piece? Looked on E-bay and they had The front half listed at 1300.00. Any Ideas welcomed.

/ Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor #2  
Isn't it just a PTO shaft? Nothing special is it? Just figure the length and order a complete shaft for less than $200. Any google or bing search will yield lots of sources. You do not need a Walterscheid brand shaft to run the core machine. By the way GKN, Walterscheid's parent company is the world leader in shafts. My car has GKN drive shafts.

/ Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor
They must be something special. Price is very very high. googled a front half for the tractor and 400.00 dollars was the cheapest. The machine was made in California and it was a golf course purchase. I had hoped for a mower or something else agr. related that used them. I have at least 10 machines with Pto attachments but other than old Ford stuff nothing interchanges. The L245DT has short arms so most have to be cut down. Do not understand how stuff comes up missing in my own back yard. I will take your advice and see what is attached coming out of the machine.

/ Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor #4  
I have a couple questions.
What shape is the tubing
Is the shaft a CV shaft
What is the distance from the outside cap to outside cap of the bearing caps?
With this information we can identify the shaft you need.

/ Walterscheid PTO Need half to Tractor #5  
I recently bought a new Walterscheid PTO shaft off craigslist to use on my rotary cutter. I bought it knowing it was going to be to short, but I had found the following website where I could buy the tubing (and other parts). The Weasler German Series parts should be a direct replacement for the Waterscheid.

You may be able to buy the pieces needed and make it yourself cheaper than buying an assembled half or a complete shaft.

PTO Shaft Parts | PTO Shafts | Drivelines | PaulB

Weasler German Series PTO Shaft Parts- Walterscheid Interchangeable