Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #1  

EagerBeaver

Tractor
Satoh S370D
So apparently the last owner removed the RH diff shaft from the front axle. Have service manual and tore it down...drive shaft, seals, bearings and gears look pristine. I've just sent email inquires to Valley Power and the Jap parts dealer in Dixon, IL. Anybody have a cross reference or even parts number (pretty please) for this diff shaft so that maybe I can broaden my search? Anybody have one to sell or other suggestion for acquiring?

Should the knuckles be packed with grease? Upon disassembly there was a liberal amount of grease on the universal joints inside the knuckles, but wondering if it should be packed. There is a grease fitting that appears to feed that area.

Found all the maintenance parts numbers on this forum and put to good use. Thanks for helping.

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #2  
What is with people removing the front axle shafts on these Mitsubishis?

Someone removed the left axle shaft on this one:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mitsubishi-satoh/315749-front-diff.html?highlight=YUM

...and now someone has removed the right shaft on yours.

I guess if could be worse. Someone removed the whole front drive axle on this Yanmar:
00808_aWbJOSll0v0_600x450.jpg

You might try posting a "wanted" ad @ Tractorhouse.com

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #3  
   / Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #4  
It likely broke and the owner could not find a replacement.

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D
Difficult to find the front diff shaft, so I can understand why someone might give up. Bill from Valley Power did point me to Jack's Equipment in Woodinville, Washington. 206-719-4777 who has had reproductions made; shipped it out the day I ordered. Took a little fitting, but it seems to have fixed me up. Jack also included a new bearing and oil seal.
Now before I take this off the jacks, I'm going to restore the original hydraulic strainer with 150 micron stainless steel mesh...the original mesh was 95% eaten away! How long was that doing nothing? Maybe I'll add an inline filter later, but after 40 years without one and the hydraulics seeming to be tight, I'm thinking that this system has pretty large tolerances.

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #6  
Nothing wrong with "giving up" on finding the replacement part.

Plenty wrong with not telling the guy you are selling the tractor to, that the front axle is missing an axle shaft. Just plain dishonest.

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #7  
It likely broke and the owner could not find a replacement.

If you have the 2 broken parts of the axle for the satoh s 370 D . would you please let me buy them or use the to see if I can find a shop that will make that axle. My tractor does not even have the axles in the front end. Some one took the out before I got it, or something else could have happened to them. Any way I would like to use the parts or buy the parts. Ray2

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #8  
Do you or any one you know have a broken axle so I can buy them or use them to have them made. I need them so my friend can copy them, we can not find any info or anything on them. So if you know where I can get a broken axle , I would be for ever thank full Ray

/ Need Front Diff Shaft for Satoh S370D #10  
Olver28472 thank you so very much for the info, I am going to get in contact with these places on Monday. I will let you know how I make out. It is strange to me how the forums work, I am very new to all this computer things and the help out there is wonderful, God be with every one and Thank you . I, now more that sure that I will find a broken axle or a good one that is affordable . Ray2