Kubota L245 PTO Seal Leaking

/ Kubota L245 PTO Seal Leaking #1  

Kopierguy

Tractor
Ford 1710, Kubota L245, Kubota G1900
I have a leaking PTO seal and wanting to replace it. I don't have a shop manual but looking at a parts diagram, it looks like all I have to do is drain oil, remove the 4 bolts securing the bearing and seal housing, remove it and press the bearing and seal out. Is this going to be a difficult task and are there any special tools required? I have searched and can't find any information. Any advice will be appreciated.

/ Kubota L245 PTO Seal Leaking #2  
You may need a gasket between the bearing/seal housing and the rear end housing too. Can't say for sure, but it sounds like you're on the right track. Maybe add an alignment mark on the housing to get it back exactly the way it was when reassembling, can't hurt.

/ Kubota L245 PTO Seal Leaking #3  
I have a leaking PTO seal and wanting to replace it. I don't have a shop manual but looking at a parts diagram, it looks like all I have to do is drain oil, remove the 4 bolts securing the bearing and seal housing, remove it and press the bearing and seal out. Is this going to be a difficult task and are there any special tools required? I have searched and can't find any information. Any advice will be appreciated.

You can get the parts manual and operators manual at Kubotabooks.com, and you can get the work shop manual at Kubota Service Manuals Workshop Manual PDF Download for 10$ i've used both sites with good results