Crunching Sound

/ Crunching Sound #1  

Oiltech

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540HSTC, M7060HDC-12, ZD331-72, Bobcat E42
from front wheel on M7060 with 275 hours. It's 4 WD and it sounds at every revolution. When weight is in the FEL the sound is worse. Checked all the fluids and it has been routinely greased. Do you think a bearing is going out so soon?

/ Crunching Sound #2  
Did you check the lug bolts? Bearings ought to last a lot longer than that.
Jim

/ Crunching Sound #3  
Besides checking torque on frt lug nuts check bolts where rims bolts to wheel around rim.

/ Crunching Sound #5  
You could have crushed the bearings carrying to much weight in the bucket. Get a view of the front axle and see how it is built. support the front end and turn the wheel by hand and see if the crunching noise can be heard or felt. If you can not take it apart yourself you need to find someone who can... This is not something that is going to be fixed by adding oil- so quit using it till you get it fixed

/ Crunching Sound #6  
Thats a pretty big machine to have a bearing go out so soon,
but it does sound like it.

/ Crunching Sound
   / Crunching Sound
You could have crushed the bearings carrying to much weight in the bucket. Get a view of the front axle and see how it is built. support the front end and turn the wheel by hand and see if the crunching noise can be heard or felt. If you can not take it apart yourself you need to find someone who can... This is not something that is going to be fixed by adding oil- so quit using it till you get it fixed

It can't be from carrying too much weight because the relief valve on the hydraulics is always opening sooner than I would like it to.

It still has warranty so I drove it to the dealer yesterday, have to wait 4-5 days before they can look at it. I'll post the results.

/ Crunching Sound