Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Montana 5740 C

Default Re: MF 1140 Broken Frame

Wow, it's sure broken all right.Have seen all kinds of repair jobs on all kinds of frames. Actually was heading South toward Seattle on I-5 after a delivery at Burlington with an F-9000 pulling a 40' reefer empty. Stopped at Mt. Vernon for fuel and couldn't restart the truck. Finally found the problem. loose ground connection to the batteries, because the frame rails were split from the bottom and up around to the edge of the top rails, right behind the fuel tanks. I thank God that the truck wouldn't start, or I might have been the biggest news to hit that town all year, sliding down the freeway on the back edges of the fuel tanks, drivers,5th wheel and trailer heading somewheres else. That frame had been fishplated, might be O.K. for tractors, not for over the road. Unless someone has really been overloading the tractor, I see no reason for that frame to split that way on your tractor. If no warranty exists, or if it's an older machine, I'd talk a good knowledgable fabricator or machine shop

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their input. I appreciate it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, JD 6420

Nick,
    I think that I would have to talk with the dealer about this ... they may not do anything but I think there was something wrong before you started to get these breaks. You also may want to see if there have been any recalls etc. maybe even talk with a tech from the manufacturer.
    Leo

Tractor
    MF 1140

I know this is an old thread but my MF 1140 had identical breaks on the frame, also with a front-end loader.

Did you get your frame repaired dhunchak?

Tractor
    massey ferguson 1235

I have a massey 1235 and I went to change the oil. I looked and found my frame cracked in this very position. I will try and get some pictures but is this something I can remove myself and take to an experienced welder?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123