governor on international B275 gas tractor

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #1  

millville wayne

Tractor
International 225 Gas
hi I have B 275 international gas tractor. the governor stopped working , it runs wide open when I give it some throttle, I have to pull throttle back by hand. I took side cover off there was no oil in there I was told there should be. the tractor was also down some I topped the engine up, and sprayed wd40 inside governor is there anything else I can do to make it work? thank you wayne

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #2  
Two things come to mind. #1 the Governor spring is broken, or #2, the gov. thrust bearing has disintegrated, allowing the engine to run away. If you open this link to Case/IH online parts store: Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts it will show an exploded view of your governor.

Remove the side cover, and see if #'s 22 & 13 in the exploded view are still intact.

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor
thank you for quick reply

hi,does governor have to be removed to install bearing ,also spring? with gas lever on tractor off there is no tension on spring and I can move rod to throttle 98 % closed before any tension on spring. rockshaft leaver inside pc. covers 3/4off bearing surface when throttle rod wide open and1/8 to 1/16 when closed I hope you can understand what I am saying . is there any way I can tell or test the parts are bad .thank you wayne

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #5  
I really don't know. Just giving an answer for a symptom on the older IH's I have.

You probably won't get any tension to speak of, unless the engine is running, and the flyweights going outwards due to centrifugal force.

You may want to check the Gov. weights, if the bearing & spring are OK, and see if they are stuck outward for some reason. Maybe one of the small pins holding them has broken, or slipped out of one side of the keeper.

hi,i replied last week ,and i guess i never sent it wright. the weight,s were seized so bad closed i thought they were part of the housing.soaked for three days and prying they would not let go. i had to use heat from small butane lighter and pry lightly every now and then be fore they let go. working fine now . thank you for the help

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #7  
Glad you got it fixed..!!

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #8  
It always makes me feel good when it only takes labor to fix something. Older iron is easier on the wallet this way.
Jim

/ governor on international B275 gas tractor #9  
Glad you got it fixed..!!
That's really good you got it going. I have a B 414 gasser in the barn and find myself looking her over every time I am out there.