New Holland TC29da won't start?elp

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #1  

medicsnoke

Tractor
New Holland TC29da
First off I'm new to the forum but I've used this place for re-search many times. I think I'll enjoy getting more involved. Thanks for any help.

I recently bought a New Holland Tc29da. It is a 2006 with 290 hours on it. It's been in storage it's whole life and in really good condition. When I purchased the tractor I noticed the key was kind of tough going in and out and sometimes would catch/ get stuck. Recently the key got stuck, stuck! Like welded in place. I took the switch off and got the key out but then the tractor would not start. Yesterday I ordered a new switch and just installed it?.still no start.

With the new switch on the dash light only illuminate about half and their is no glow plug light. Also the tractor light, turn signals are not working wight the switch on. I have the battery on charge/jump start so I don't think thats the issue. Is their a starting fuse or whole tractor fuse that may have blown with a faulty switch?

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Corey Snoke
Bremen, Ohio

Hobby Farm and Whitetail Guide Service Operator

Last edited:
   / New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #2  
Did you check your fuses? Make sure and check the ground cable connections were it goes to the frame.

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #3  
Check the safety circuit

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #4  
Sounds like something got miswired when you put the original switch back, since it didn't start before you replaced the switch.

Are you sure the new one is an exact replacement?

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp
Thanks for the replies. A buddy of mine came over and looked things over. He was convinced it was a battery issue even though I had the battery tested last week and the battery on charge/50 amp jump start. We hooked the tractor up to my truck with jumper cables and the NEW Holland fired right up. A close inspection of the battery revealed the positive terminal corroded and can be pulled out of the battery housing. It has some connection and supplies some power but apparently not enough. So I'm now shopping for a Group 45 battery which Ive found is not easy to find at any local dealers.

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #6  
Got one at Walmart last year with more Amps and less $s than NH

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #7  
May go ahead and replace the terminal on the cable that got corroded while your at it

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp
Put a new battery on the tractor today and still won't start. So why would the tractor jump start but will not crank start?

/ New Holland TC29da won't start?elp #9  
Were did you jump it from? the battery or the starter? Your by passing connection problems/grounds when you jump it off. You need to take the negative cable from the battery off the frame and clean it well. You may even need to replace the cables there and the positive running from the battery to the starter. Also be sure you battery has enough CCA to get the job done