Cofle Joystick Control Cable

/ Cofle Joystick Control Cable #1  

kwr826

Tractor
Case IH JX 95
I have a Bush Hog M 546 loader with a Cofle joystick. I need to replace the control cables p/n 2805-5067. Where can I purchase the cables?

/ Cofle Joystick Control Cable #2  
Can't find the part online but there are a fair number of forum posts concerning Cofle cables breaking and some home made repairs for them. Did yours break at the white plastic cable end? Google "Cofle joystick control cable" for help. I would also try contacting Cofle directly...they are in Italy but I would be very surprised if language is much of an issue since they have such a diverse sales distribution.

/ Cofle Joystick Control Cable
Yes it broke at the plastic cable end. I would be willing to contract someone to construct a more rigid part that would adapt. Otherwise I will have to try contacting the company in Italy, because I am getting nowhere here in the states. I am dead in the water, the way it is right now. The only other option I have is to purchase a new joystick and cables, and I guarantee it will not be a cheap design like this one.

/ Cofle Joystick Control Cable #4  
Check out this thread here on TBN. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/179597-fel-joystick-control-cable-repair.html Rob Liefveld ( 3RRL) is a great guy and very talented.... retired engineer/ manufacturer and is handier than a shirt pocket! I don't know why any machine shop couldn't fabricate your broken part-- the same thing he did. I would much rather have a metal end than the OEM plastic and you could have them make a couple of them since it's likely your other control cable will eventually fail too.

If you click on 3RRL's avatar, it will take you to his profile and contact links. I will bet he would be glad to answer any questions about his repair. I don't know if he used the exact same cable as you but knowing him, he kept his mechanical drawing/measurements and may be willing to email them to you. Heck, his drawing is shown in that thread....when you enlarge( "zoom" ) the pic to 400% you can probable read/ duplicate it from his pic.

Last edited: