Kioti CK25 Quit Running

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #1  

Kitaquickflash

Tractor
Kioti CK25
I have a 2008 Kioti CK25 with under 200 hours. I was using it for a couple of hours yesterday and then again for 45 minutes today with no problem. All of a sudden, it lost power and fizzled to a stop. It was like a golf cart that lost battery power and dwindled to nothing. I tried to restart it and it started briefly, but had no power. After that, I could not fire it up, but it would continue to crank. I had half a tank of diesel fuel and the oil is full. It was acting like a fuel issue, so I removed the fuel filter housing / container (a screw on container that looks like a small mason jar). I emptied it and checked the filter. There was some minor specs of debris, but nothing major. I replaced the fuel filter housing / container and tried to start the tractor again, but all it would do is crank (would not fire). I bought this tractor new and it always fires right up like a champ. I noticed that the fuel housing / container is not refilling. That made me wonder if I have a fuel pump issue. Then I checked some "threads" on this site and I am seeing references to an injection pump. I can't get it on the trailer, so I can't take it to the dealer, but I was figuring that if I could narrow down the problem, I might be able to remove the part and take it in to the Dealer. Any ideas? Thanks

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #2  
Check to be sure tank is venting IE check for good fuel flow from tank to inj pump. Inj pump will be located on the side of engine and have steel injector lines leading to the top of engine. Do you hear fuel control solenoid "click" when activating ign switch?

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #3  
If fuel filter is not filling, you have a problem of obstruction between the filter and the tank. I am not familiar with your tractor, does it gravity feed to the filter(tank higher than filter) or is there a fuel pump in the fuel line somewhere (in the tank or elsewhere) on the tractor. If it is lower then I think your fuel pump is faulty.

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running
Thank you TX Jim and Gary. The fuel tank is above the fuel pump / injector pump. I was able to use a "come-along" to ratchet the tractor on to my trailer once I got the front end loader disconnected (I was worried that I would have more trouble with both of those tasks since the tractor is not running), so I am going to run it over to the Dealer and let them figure it out. I am handy, but not mechanical. I appreciate your responses. I will let you know what they come up with.

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #5  
Thank you TX Jim and Gary. The fuel tank is above the fuel pump / injector pump. I was able to use a "come-along" to ratchet the tractor on to my trailer once I got the front end loader disconnected (I was worried that I would have more trouble with both of those tasks since the tractor is not running), so I am going to run it over to the Dealer and let them figure it out. I am handy, but not mechanical. I appreciate your responses. I will let you know what they come up with.

That is probably best. Injector/fuel issues often have to be solved on the machine since taking any one part off introduces more air into the system which is a problem. Injectors need many thousands of PSI at low volume to open and any amount of air can create enough " bounce" or "cushion" that the injector is not forced open

I took my CK25 to the Kioti Dealer today and he confirmed that there is a pin stuck in the closed position in the rack in the injection pump and it is not allowing fuel to pass through. There was no warning and no odd behavior. As a matter of fact, the tractor was sitting and idling when the problem occurred??? The Kioti Dealer has agreed to send the rack to a local Diesel shop to see if they can rebuild it. I am hoping that they can as a New Injection Pump from Kioti is close to $1,000 (I don't think that that includes labor). Hopefully I will get some good news. :)

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #7  
Out of curiosity, do you treat your diesel with an additive? Likely it may not have made a difference, but I would be curious what the mechanic that rebuilds it says. Injection pumps are lubricated by the fuel.

Last edited:
No, I have not utilized an additive. I have just used straight low sulfur highway diesel like what I put in my F350 Turbo Diesel. I will definately ask the mechanic what he thinks about an additive. I have been told that the off road Diesel does a better job of lubricating the parts that it touches.

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #9  
I have been told that the off road Diesel does a better job of lubricating the parts that it touches.
Off road diesel at one time had a higher sulfur content than on road fuel and lubricated better.
For the past several years both on road and off road are low sulfur. I believe the only difference between the 2 is the red dye

/ Kioti CK25 Quit Running #10  
No, I have not utilized an additive. I have just used straight low sulfur highway diesel like what I put in my F350 Turbo Diesel. I will definately ask the mechanic what he thinks about an additive. I have been told that the off road Diesel does a better job of lubricating the parts that it touches.

There is another thread raging over this very subject. Very curious what the injection pump dude says. I don't know, so I play it safe and use an additive.