Inner air filter

/ Inner air filter #1  

56Nomad

Tractor
Kubota L3200
I have a 2013 L3200DT Kubota. My tractor has only the outer, or larger air filter. The parts catalog lists both. The dealer is telling me that some of these models came with both air filters (inner and outer) while some had just the outer. Does this sound right to anyone else?

56Nomad

/ Inner air filter #2  
As no one has responded, I'll pass on my experience from my TYM-233...it has both an inner and outer. At 160 hours I'm just replacing the outer as can no longer see light thru it when holding up to the sun. The inner is still clean and nearly spotless. If the catalog shows an inner, I'd get it and install it!

/ Inner air filter #3  
I have 2012 l3200 and it only came with outer. Was told inner was for very dusty condition. Only cut fields and mine still clean at 98 hours.

/ Inner air filter #4  
My Kubota M6040 has both inner & outer dry filter elements. I change both annually.

/ Inner air filter #5  
If the catalog shows an inner, I'd get it and install it!

I agree. My RTV and tractor have both, but if they didn't and the parts book listed one, I'd buy them.

/ Inner air filter #6  
My 2014 L3200DT has only the outer filter. My dealer said that Kubota drop the inner on certain models even though the parts manual never was changed.

/ Inner air filter #7  
My B2920 had both, but my L3200 only has the outer. That is the way the L3200s were sold, so yours is normal.

/ Inner air filter #8  
the inner filter in many work conditions is the best motor saver ever made as we all know the smallest of particles going into the engine is another day of average life expectance of motor. now onto the subject at hand if there is a baldwin filter supplier close to you the outer and inner filter numbers are rs3704 and rs3705 any truck supply house should be able to get them for you. if you cant find send me a message we have them in stock we supply local rental with them for welders and air compressors.

/ Inner air filter #9  
https://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/shoptalk/034146.pdf

Refer to this link. Donaldson is the company that really established the dry element air cleaners ages ago. For our combines (worked for Gleaner and Case-IH engineering) we used the Donaldson terminology in our Operator Manuals, Primary element and safety element. The link I attached is from Donaldson who still calls the inner the safety filter, the one that saves your engine if something should happen to the primary element. Like it states, the safety does not have a lot of capacity and should never be run alone - its sole purpose is to save engines.

/ Inner air filter #10  
MHarryE,

First of all I want to thank you. It is great to hear from someone who was on the engineering side of AG machines. I have read many of your posts and have enjoyed and absorbed what you have to share. :thumbsup:

Do you see any need to change a perfectly good inner or safety air filter? On my RTV for example, there have been several outer filters, none of which were torn or damaged, only dirty. The inner filter looks as good as the day it was installed at the factory.