L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #1  

dangier_VA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901, L3130
Have L3130 HST with 1200+ hours on it. Been extremely satisfied with it since new. Have issue with three point hitch after complete fluid and filter change. Hitch will not go up until engine rpm is 2500+ rpm. Then it's slow. UDT is within the dipstick marks. With the service, I changed the little 3" x 3/4" hydraulic hose on the lower right side adjacent to the filter. Goes well on the road at speed and the front loader hydraulics work great. Now I'm stumped. Is there such a thing as a new (possibly defective), filter restricting hydraulic flow? I guess I need to dump the new UDT into pails and take a look at the filters. Might reinstall the old hydraulic filter to see if there is a difference. Has anyone faced this issue?
Thanks in advance.
David

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #2  
You put the filter on backwards???

Just messin' with ya! This is really a tag since I have the L4330, very similiar to your L3130. I'll be changing my UDT out in a couple months. I figure if I post in this thread, I'll be able to find it later, which more than likely means I won't have the same problem. If I didn't post, I'd never see this thread (and the solution) ever again....

Good luck!!!

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue
Wish it was that simple. Have faithfully changed the hydraulic oil and filter every 400 hours. Never had this issue before. Thinking possibly either bad filter or collapsed short section of the hydraulic hose.... If I raise the loader and lower with a quick stop, the hitch will jump up if I am holding the lever in the up position.
David

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #4  
As a fellow 3130 owner, this interests me. Sadly, I can't help you, but please post when you solve this problem! Good Luck.

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #5  
I'm curious about your problem too. We have an L3830HST with almost 1400 hours. This might seem like a silly question, but do you think that the three point hitch lowering speed knob, in front of the seat, could have been moved inadvertently? I never use it, so I'm not sure how much it would affect the functioning of the three point hitch. I'm not familiar with the short hydraulic hose that you replaced, but since it's something different, I'd want to double check that. I'd hate to put an old filter back on, after putting new SUDT fluid in. If I wanted to compare filters, I'd buy another new one, even though they're expensive. If that wasn't the problem you could save the other new one for the next fluid change. Not sure if it matters, but did you use Kubota filters? I use other brand engine oil filters, but I've never dared to use anything but Kubota Hydraulic and HST filters.
I hope you have good luck figuring out what the problem is, but if nothing was wrong before, it seems like it must be one of the things that was changed.

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #6  
I'm curious about your problem too. We have an L3830HST with almost 1400 hours. This might seem like a silly question, but do you think that the three point hitch lowering speed knob, in front of the seat, could have been moved inadvertently? I never use it, so I'm not sure how much it would affect the functioning of the three point hitch.
That only affects lowering speed, not lifting speed.
Does the tractor have rear remotes or a loader? If so, my first step would be to put a gauge on one of them to see how much pressure you are getting.

Aaron Z

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #7  
Thinking some more about your problem. I suppose it could happen, but I've never heard of a new oil filter being bad and restrictive. And if it was, it sure seems like it would affect the whole hydraulic system, not just the 3PH.

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #8  
I can't remember if the 3ph control lever goes directly into the valve block or has a linkage connecting them?
If the latter, then maybe check the linkage for a missing pivot.
Can you hear hydraulic fluid moving when you move the lever, or is there no noise at all?
A a short length of wooden broom handle makes a pretty good stethoscope if you put one end against your ear and the other on the valve or tubes.
I won't even mention to be careful about doing this near moving parts.

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue
"Not sure if it matters, but did you use kubota filters? I use other brand engine oil filters, but I've never dared to use anything but Kubota Hydraulic and HST filters."

***Have always used kubota hydraulic and hst filters. I do use Castrol engine oil filters as they are bigger in size.

"Does the tractor have rear remotes or a loader? If so, my first step would be to put a gauge on one of them to see how much pressure you are getting."

***Tractor does have a loader and that seems to work normally. Need to scare up a pressure gauge that will go high enough.

"I can't remember if the 3ph control lever goes directly into the valve block or has a linkage connecting them?"

***Hitch control has one lever to a rod that goes into the top of the HST housing. Watched it while moving the control lever and everything moves like I think it should.
Thanks for the feedback. Will try to keep puzzling it out.
David

/ L3130 Three Point Hitch Issue #10  
Something has changed. You mentioned changing a 3"x3/4" hose. Have you investigated that?