Dumb seat belt ? /idea

/ Dumb seat belt ? /idea #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
My seat belt on the tractor is shot . I have an old van sitting in the yard , it has a shoulder strap seat belt , It seems pretty straight forward . Mount part on the rops and bolt the rest where the ols seat belt was ... Am I missing anything , that someone else has maybe tried.

/ Dumb seat belt ? /idea #2  
I bought a nice replacement seat belt on-line somewhere (can't remember exactly), choice of colors, for next to nothing, even with shipping. It was very well-made and works great.

Think it might have been here: Buy Replacement Seatbelts, Seat Belts, Retractable Seat Belts, and Seatbelt Extenders @ SeatBeltsPlus.co

This one looks good too. https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelts-and-accessories/

They have moderately priced retractables, but I specifically wanted a NON-retractable as I was tired of getting slowly strangled as I swiveled around on the tractor. Plus, lots cheaper. But neither of these is anywhere remotely close to what Kubota wanted for a replacement for my rusted-up retractor part :eek:

- Jay

/ Dumb seat belt ? /idea
Buying new is too easy , its logical , but I like to scrounge .

/ Dumb seat belt ? /idea #4  
My seat belt on the tractor is shot . I have an old van sitting in the yard , it has a shoulder strap seat belt , It seems pretty straight forward . Mount part on the rops and bolt the rest where the ols seat belt was ... Am I missing anything , that someone else has maybe tried.

As long as it holds you in if ever you flipped, should be ok.
Sit in your machine and have someone position the shoulder strap somewhere you feel comfortable, then mark it and bolt it on.