New door for Kubota L4630

/ New door for Kubota L4630 #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
First of all, Merry Christmas, everyone!

My Christmas morning didn't start out so well. As I was putting out a round bale to my horses, a gust of wind blew a gate onto the side of my Kubota L4630 cab tractor. It was a light tubular gate, but as soon as it hit the door, the door just exploded!!! I didn't even know what happened at first, it was like someone just shot my tractor. Anyway, does anyone know what a door will cost? I'll go over to my dealer Saturday, but I thought someone might have an idea. I know it won't be cheap.

Thanks!

/ New door for Kubota L4630 #2  
Bummer,one of the few pitfalls of owning a cabbed tractor.I have one also and I am very careful but what happened to you sounds unavoidable.Winds here are at 30-40 mph.
No idea what a door will cost and hope I don't have to find out.

/ New door for Kubota L4630 #3  
I know the feeling, did the same thing 3 years ago. Replacement glass door for my L3240 was $450 plus the welting around the door since it is difficult to get all the glass shards out of the welting.

/ New door for Kubota L4630
Birdman, yes it's REAL windy today, just a freak accident, and just my luck.

Sutton, thanks You just made me feel a lot better on both accounts, first that someone else did the same thing and second the cost of yours wasn't as bad as I thought. Was that $450 just for the door, or did it include installation?

Last edited:
   / New door for Kubota L4630 #5  
Can't help you with your tractor door but perhaps to float this idea to all you guys with tractor cabs and doors:

When I went up to Alaska in support of the GMD program in both Eareckson Air Station (Shemya Island) and Fort Greely (Delta Junction) we had a number of Ford pickups to support our operations. These were leased vehicles with several mods to them specific to our needs. I forget most of the mods, but the one I remember quite clearly was a door strap to prevent doors from flinging open from gusts of wind (Shemya Island is very windy!).

Basically, it was a nylon strap that was bolted to both the frame and the door at the hinge area and prevented the door from being flung open.

Found them, they're called "limiting straps". Here's one example found on the web (don't know if it's what we used or not): Limiting Straps | Warrior Products

65000.jpg

/ New door for Kubota L4630
In case anyone is interested, I ordered the door today, and it was $412. They said that the old gaskets won't stick on the door, so I'll need new gaskets for $88. I don't know what it'll cost to install the door, but shop time is $70/hour, and I can't imagine it would take too long to install. If I'm willing to wait a few days (which I am) they can put it on a shipment of parts they already have ordered and I won't have to pay shipping.

/ New door for Kubota L4630 #7  
I installed my own door, didn't take long and really easy. Take handle off broken glass remove hinges from broken glass reinstall.