Ford 3600 clutch question

/ Ford 3600 clutch question #1  

WayneDB

Tractor
Ford 3600
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've searched the web over for help but to no avail. Here's my issue - I have a late 70's model Ford 3600 diesel, last winter my antifreeze was a little weak and I had a freeze plug pop on the rear, when I cranked it up this spring I had water pouring out from the bottom of the transmission. So I finally got around to splitting it yesterday and sure enough the freeze plug had simply popped out, do I reinstalled with permatex and buttoned everything back up. I didn't bother checking any adjustments on the clutch, or replacing it, it looked pretty good so I thought I would try to get a few more years out of it. But then upon reassembly I noticed the clutch pedal didn't feel quite right, but I checked to see if the clutch was releasing by rocking the tractor and pressing the clutch and it was clearly releasing, so I went ahead and finished assembly. Cranked it up and everything was good, pto and everything worked fine. Then I went to hook up the bush hog, and the trouble started. When I went to engage the pto it would not go in, grinding... So I cut the tractor off, engaged pto and recranked, success... Bushe hog worked great, so I figure somewhere the clutch is out of adjustment - and I could live with it for a while, but when I throttled up the bush hog quit working. Lever moves back and forth, no issues there, you can feel it click. But the pto shaft just spins when spun by hand, something in there isn't engaging, or something. Any ideas?