NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
The 4 wheel drive International 584 that I used spun the splines in the front axles input flange.

It is a 1979 model with the ZF front axle. The flange is 21 spline.

The part is no longer made by the manufacturer! Can someone with access to a tractor scrapyard database take a peek for some phone numbers of yards with 584's.

The newer international case models may use the same flange and 684's and 784's may use the same axle.

Thanks for any help!

Ken

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #2  
There were two different systems used on those tractors. The early system was a Kimco and there are some parts that have been discontinued for that axle.

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #3  
The axle should have what they call a APL number, it should be on a plate, you need this to buy after market, or salvage parts. The reason is this same part can be inner change with a ZF axle used on a Deere or Ford front axle. There is a Sparex-Canada and they are suppling some new ZF and Carraro front axle parts.
Chuck M.

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle
I saw the plate, I try and get some #'s off of it!
Ken

Hello, I read the plate and the API number is:
1351 59157

The last number (7) was partially missing and there may be another # after that on the missing part of the tag.
Ken

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #6  
Your APL number may be the first four numbers, 1351, the next numbers will be serial number. Find a salvage yard, they can help you with those numbers. Also the salvage dealer probably is a Sparex parts dealer, and they have a program on ZF front axles.
Chuck M.

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #7  
Guess I should have read the whole post! The ZF was by far the better unit.

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #8  
so, if you don't have any luck, e-mail me a picture of it, as clear as possable. if i have that and the axle, i may be able to respline it. this is something we do at our machine shop, and seeing that i'm in NS shipping wouldn't be much

/ NEEDED! International 584 Input flange front axle #9  
We checked and it isn't available thru the normal system as well as our local yards we work with. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks Art, that is what the local dealer said too. The flange is at a driveshaft shop at the moment seeing if they can find something off the shelf.

I've contacted a few different parts suppliers to see what they have.

We'll see from there.