k3d mitsubishi diesel engine

/ k3d mitsubishi diesel engine #1  

cletrac1

Tractor
several
I have a k3d mitsubishi diesel engine in a Ransome Bobat mower . It's about 30 years old and the electric fuel pump went out. The part # mm408999 is in Japan and about $550.00. Can any tell me the fuel pressure so I can find a aftermarket one? I've been 3 months tring to find out.

/ k3d mitsubishi diesel engine #2  
The electric pump is simply to assure a constant flow to the injector pump.
That K3d cannot consume a whole lot of fuel (I have a Mitsu with a K3) so I'd assume that any low price pump should do the trick.
The electric is simply a delivery system, were you able to supply via gravity no pump would be needed.
That being said I do not think pressure comes into play, just enough volume to keep injector pump supplied.

To confirm my point simply rig a gravity system. (Old can with hose to the injector pump)

/ k3d mitsubishi diesel engine #3  
The TORO Groundsmaster 300 series Used the K3D. I copied this from the Service Manual "Fuel Pump Delivery Rate 225 cc (13.73 in3) or more (15 sec., 12V) ". It doesn't give a pressure rating, just volume.

Part # 53-8150, from the online parts drawing. https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

TORO.PNG

I think any low pressure electric pump from an auto parts store would work. There are a lot of TORO parts available on eBay, search for TORO 322D model 30788 or 325D model 30788. The 4WD is model 30795. Or search for 53-8150, it was used from 1988 through 2001.

The TORO Groundsmaster in my avatar is 25 years old. :thumbsup:

Before I added the loader.

P9150984.JPG

Last edited:
   / k3d mitsubishi diesel engine #4  
Any small pump should be sufficient. Volume is the main thing but I will say even the low pressure (3-5 psi) inline fuel pumps will be all you need. Available from any auto parts store or you can get one for $15 w/ free SH on Ebay.

/ k3d mitsubishi diesel engine #5  
i have one in a mt20d tractor ill sell you the engine travis 4235396134 230 hours on it