Satoh S650G

/ Satoh S650G #1  

kathol233

Tractor
many
Hello,

I'm trying to find some help with a carberator problem I am having with my S650G Satoh tractor.
It has the 4 cyl. Mazda gas engine.
Problem is: Tractor idles fine but when I try to throttle the engine up it just dies unless I pull the choke out, then it throttles up just fine.
I've installed a new carberator kit, mechanical fuel pump has been replaced with an electric fuel pump, timing is right on and valves have been adjusted, air filter is clean, fuel filter is clean.

Do you have any suggestions of what might be the problem?

thanks,

/ Satoh S650G #2  
Have you removed the spark plug wires and have them back on in the wrong order?

/ Satoh S650G #4  
Hello Katho: All carbs 1,2,3or4 barrels, have several fuel circuits(passages, very small tubes drilled in and through the body casting). that's the complicated
info. The problem your having sounds like the primary or idle circuit and or the accelerator pump circuit it doesn't take but a small grain of sand, rust or
trash to plug any of them internally. The best hope and cure for you at this time and assuming you didn't do this at kit install is to break the carb back down
to is basic parts spray choke and carb cleaner (*wear goggles*) and with hi pressure air nozzle on every hole / port, one at a time fill with cleaner and then
blow them out. then re-assemble and try. If it's a no go and it is in fact the carb at fault, you may need to take it to a shop and get them to vat it in caustic
for several days and re-assemble and try it again. If that doesn't do it , its "new carb time. P.S. Are you sure your float level is correct, ck it 1st !!!