lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ?

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #1  

michaelc

Tractor
lg 5740c gt montana
I have this 5740 montana tractor and its just no getting any power to the lights, nothing on the dash and wont crank, absolutely no power. im sure its electrical and I have checked all fuses and ran down all the wires I could find and all that checks out. but does anyone know where I should look ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #2  
Start at the source. Batt then cables then switch.Don't forget the grounds.

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ?
Start at the source. Batt then cables then switch.Don't forget the grounds.

the battery cables are great, the grounds are also good. I was thinking about the switch but I touched the wires on the back side of the ignition with a test light and nothing lit up showing any power coming into the wires. is there any type of fuse link or something of that nature under the hood?

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #4  
Follow the Bat wires to the switch.

the battery cables run to the starter, the switch wires run from other side of starter to the switch. I am just curious is there any other parts that may go bad to kill all electric.

ok also the pto is not working. if there is an issue with the electronic pto switch will it shut down all power to the tractor. I read it is designed to shut off the switch but will it shut down all power ??

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #7  
You should have power to at least one lead on the ignition switch, (follow that wire to starter),,
this wire will feed the others on the switch when the key is turned on.
No power there, means no power anywhere.
Yes there may be a "fusible link" on that line, or a fuse, "heavy duty" 40 or 60 amp or bigger.
"Google" fusible links and look under "pictures of them" this will give you an idea of what to look for.
Remember, these (if it is your problem) blow for a reason, usually short to ground.

You should have power to at least one lead on the ignition switch, (follow that wire to starter),,
this wire will feed the others on the switch when the key is turned on.
No power there, means no power anywhere.
Yes there may be a "fusible link" on that line, or a fuse, "heavy duty" 40 or 60 amp or bigger.
"Google" fusible links and look under "pictures of them" this will give you an idea of what to look for.
Remember, these (if it is your problem) blow for a reason, usually short to ground.

I have went through every wire I could possibly find and the only fueseable link or anything in any of the lines was recently perlaced because the wire to connect them had burned.
I also would like to add you can jump it by the celenoid and it will start and run but wont shut off. any idea's would be great I have crawled all over this thing today.

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #9  
The wire from the solenoid on the starter "has" to lead back to the ignition switch, usually there is a relay along the way in between the switch and solenoid, it ( the relay) will become active when all safety features are met, IE, neutral safety switch's etc.
One of the pins on the ignition switch Must have power, and this feed line is protected by a fuse, usually your four way flasher is also connected to this "fused" pin.
Keep looking, re-check ALL grounds.

/ lg 5740c gt montana tractor bad electrical need help ? #10  
easy... take a jumper wire from bat to ignition switch... if it all works... then you are losing power from starter solenoid to switch. replace that wire.

oh i might add to fuse this with a 20 amp fuse.