Straightening FEL bucket edge.

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Oops! Looks as if I've customized my bucket edge! I have a std. bucket and its edge is bent just a little. Not bad, but it looks like it'd be a problem if I want to put a bolt on edge there.

Is the best way to handle this to set it on a large flat pad and talk to it sweetly with a sledge hammer?

Thanks!!

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #2  
Over on "Ag talk" they talk about useing a 20 ton Hyd. jack and chains. bcs

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #3  
Some applied heat may aid the sweet talking.

Egon

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #4  
I would try the sledge hammer or if it is not bent too bad jsut pur a tooth bar on it. They (at least the one I have) have some slop in how they fit to the edge. Now if you bend your tooth bar like I have, I think you just have to bite the bullet and buy another one. I don't see any way to straighten the tooth bar.

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #5  
Take the tooth bar to a machine shop that has a large press.... they will know how to handle it and won't use heat either..

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #6  
Rocky ridge;

you can use a 20 ton or less bottle jack to bend it back into place, or a floor jack works well too. all depends on where IT IS BENT. USE BLOCKS OF WOOD AND CHAINS. be cafefull as they can fly out fast. you will have to OVERBEND it back some but go a little at a time and re-bend it several times untill it is near straight don't try and go all at once cause you may over bend it to the point it is bent in the other way.

If bottom lip is bent down then lift bucket about 20 " into air. block it up at edges, wrap a chain around the bucket, and place the jack between the chain and the low spot and use a block of wood between the bucket and the jack, and apply pressure.

if the bucket is bent UP in the middle or edge then simply put the jack into the bucket with a block and jack it appart.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #7  
I will try that before I buy another toothbar.

/ Straightening FEL bucket edge. #8  
Hi all,

I used a farm jack on mine and it worked GREAT!!