jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off #1  

rocco33

Tractor
jd 410 diesel loader
i bough this john Deere 410 tlb late 70s diesel about 2 weeks ago and am having an issue when i started Thursday it ran fine for about 30 minutes than stall out let it sit for about 5 minutes and can back to turn it on and the rpm shot up to 2000 rpm and shut off let it sit another 5 minutes and turn it on and again rpm shot up to 2300 rpm but it slowly went down to idle at 800 rpm and ran fine but today as soon i started it the rpm shot up to 2800 rpm and the cable to shut it off dint turn it off had to jump off the machine and manually shut it off where the cable pull the bracket and shut it off but now it just cranks and does not turn on any suggestion on what might be wrong or where can i start looking thanks

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off #2  
Sounds like the injection pump is on the way out, be careful if it is,
you may not be able to shut it down unless you block the air intake to it.
With the tractor NOT running, have someone give it fuel on the pedal and check all your linkages on the pump.

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off #3  
Sounds as if governor in inj pump has failed. Remove inj pump timing window and see if "coffee ground" looking material is present.

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off
Hi did check linkage but moving good and where in the injection pump its the timing window CAM00322.jpg
Thanks you

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off #5  
2s997p5.jpg

/ jd 410 starting with high rpms and shtting off #6  
Window is outlined in red. Sorry for the squiggly red line but I have nerve damage which makes mouse control difficult.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 48