pto problems

/ pto problems #1  

larry3

Tractor
kioti ck30
On my kioti ck30 the lever that engages the rear pto is stuck about halfway between the engage and disengage position and will not move.Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be.
Thanks Larry

/ pto problems #2  
:welcome:
To the forum from Alabama. Where in SC are you located? I used to live in Sumter.

/ pto problems #3  
:welcome: From Alabama but watch out for mddorange he sounds like a Red Raidier Fan at the worst a Auburn Fan but all is fun he is a brother Wish I could help but there are others that can help. Just wanted to say hi.

/ pto problems #4  
Marion County HS in Guin are the "Red Raiders" but I am NO Auburn fan as my wife would kick me out of the house.

/ pto problems #5  
Hmmm - well, I could only guess that the lever is stuck between positions because the tractor is new and the pto probably has seen little use. It will loosen up with use. As far as getting it either forward or backward - - TURN THE TRACTOR OFF - with a gloved hand, turn the pto shaft - this should loosen things and allow the lever to move to either forward or back.

Otherwise, something in the linkage may be bent or broken.

/ pto problems
I live in Oconee County in the upper part of the state. My tractor is a 2009 model with 800 hours on it so it can't be because of it being new. I was bushhogging and stopped, and when I tried to start back the lever was stuck.