Seat springs retro-fit

/ Seat springs retro-fit #1  

larso1

Gold Member
Tractor
Iseki TS1610F 4x4
Have any of you added/installed coil springs to your non-sprung stock seat? I have an Iseki tractor with a seat that pivots forward/up from the tractor and sits down on small, round neoprene pads.....not too soft. I really like the stock seat. It looks nicely built and is a good fit for me, but it lacks springs for a cushy ride. I know there are the popular aftermarket wrap-around arm-type seats with suspension and fore/aft adjustment, but I like the looks of the stock unit and would prefer upgrading it with springs if possible. I've seen springs mounted on some garden tractors. I'm wondering if they are stiff enough for my larger, heavier seat. Has anyone done this? Thanks,

Bill in CO

/ Seat springs retro-fit #2  
the seat bracket from a Bolens HT-23 with the spring is what you will need to make this modification. Look on e Bay and you might find one there. I had one that I sold on e Bay last fall and it brought about $75....

/ Seat springs retro-fit
Thanks Junkman. My Iseki is the TS1610F and I've noticed that the equivalent model of Bolens (G-194) has the same seat as mine, but that one has springs. I'd sure like to get my hands on one of those but they're probably rare as hens teeth. I'll take your suggestion and look on E-bay under other Bolens models.

Bill in CO

/ Seat springs retro-fit #4  
I had a Wheel Horse 520H and it had seat springs that just bolted to the platform under the seat with the rubber cushions. The seat was hinged to lift forward like yours is. I am six foot and 220 lbs these springs held my just fine. I was led to believe from the dealer you could get springs with different weight load capacities.

/ Seat springs retro-fit #5  
I got a set of generic automotive exhaust manifold/flange springs, (conical). Seat into the rubber bumper, or instead of. Get a set of table leg rubber tips that fit tightly over the big end. Cut off all but 1/2", fit over the big end to prevent scratching the seat. Some have used auto valve springs.

/ Seat springs retro-fit #6  
I've heard of using springs from motor cycle seats or front forks adapted to a tractor seat. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Seat springs retro-fit #7  
   / Seat springs retro-fit
Thanks for all suggestions. I should be able to adapt one of these ideas to my existing seat and make it perfect.

Bill in CO

/ Seat springs retro-fit #9  
Here's the springs I put under my Yanmar seat. Military surplus. Shoot, the attachment didn't work..........I'll correct it in a minute

/ Seat springs retro-fit #10  
Try this............

Attachments

• 372159-seat.JPG
    372159-seat.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 670