Slow hydraulics

/ Slow hydraulics #1  

CDNeh

Tractor
New Holland TZ25DA, MF1655
Mine is a TZ25DA subcompact NH, 25 h.p. hydrostatic, 500hrs. The hydraulics are slow. My 1974 MF 16 h.p. gas hydrostatic tractor does not have the power but it responds faster with the drive and the hydraulic controler.
I just became aware of a cold weather HST filter option and a lower temp range hydraulic oil. (I'm at -30C)
I am changing the oil and high end filter (at 3x the price of usual).
2 questions, 1- Does this sound familiar to anyone and is it a fix or a hope and a prayer?
2- Does changing the hydraulic hoses to a larger size sound like a fix or ... good $$ after bad?

/ Slow hydraulics #2  
First check your hydraulic flow control valve, usually located below you seat. It may be closed to far restricting flow. The other possibility is your bypass is opening too soon and not allowing full system pressure.

Just a few guesses to start the look.

I also had a partially plugged disconnect once, so check those too for dirt.

/ Slow hydraulics #3  
Mine is a TZ25DA subcompact NH, 25 h.p. hydrostatic, 500hrs. The hydraulics are slow. My 1974 MF 16 h.p. gas hydrostatic tractor does not have the power but it responds faster with the drive and the hydraulic controler.
I just became aware of a cold weather HST filter option and a lower temp range hydraulic oil. (I'm at -30C)
I am changing the oil and high end filter (at 3x the price of usual).
2 questions, 1- Does this sound familiar to anyone and is it a fix or a hope and a prayer?
2- Does changing the hydraulic hoses to a larger size sound like a fix or ... good $$ after bad?[/QUOTE)

-30C. = -22F is pretty cold. What weight oil are you using? I bet it's like molasses at that temp. I would consider lighter oil if it is recommended for that temp range. Changing the hose size may not help due to the office size in the fitting. It may still be restricted. Or just wait a couple more days ,it's warming up.

/ Slow hydraulics
I'll experiment, my thought was, this valve control is for the 3 point hitch exclusively. Bypass opening too soon, ?? that beats me, I'll look for info, never heard of it. For starters I will for sure install the new (outrageously exp.) HST filter and replace my hydraul 56 for hydraul 50, when warm weather gets here. Thanks for this

/ Slow hydraulics
Yes, orifice size, increasing the hoses only to be chocked at the fitting; that was precisely my reason for asking. It was mentioned as a fix (by a salesman) I was wondering if anyone had gone down that road. I will be going to a lower temp oil and HST filter. I'll tolerate for the winter before changing my present standard filter and Hydraul 56 have less than 100 hrs, I want a good drainage before going ahead with a $250.00 lube oil & filter job. Thanks

/ Slow hydraulics #6  
Yes, orifice size, increasing the hoses only to be chocked at the fitting; that was precisely my reason for asking. It was mentioned as a fix (by a salesman) I was wondering if anyone had gone down that road. I will be going to a lower temp oil and HST filter. I'll tolerate for the winter before changing my present standard filter and Hydraul 56 have less than 100 hrs, I want a good drainage before going ahead with a $250.00 lube oil & filter job. Thanks

Was just thinking,

I bought an old tractor with a loader with trip bucket that had single acting cylinders for the lift. It was plumbed with 1/4 hydraulic hose. Worked ok in the heat of the summer, but when winter arrived, the loader would not lower to the ground after being lifted. Descent relied on the weight of the arms,bucket, and contents of the bucket.

I upsized the hoses to 3/8 and was much better for the rest of the winter.

I have since then, upsized to 1/2 inch from the valve to a manifold block. From the manifold to the cylinders, I left them 3/8 since I was restricted by the fitting size in the cylinder.

I figured the size of hose you are using came from the factory since it only has 500 hours. That's why my recommendation was a lighter oil since you are in bitter cold Canada. Maybe I assumed wrong.

/ Slow hydraulics
Yes, I'll be changing out both fluid and HST filter. Shady tree job that will have to wait for warm temp's. Big garage remains on the lotery wish list. Thanks